Chapter 41: Death Will Comfort You

Key:
Y/n = your name

Slowly, you open your eyes. You're not dead? The room you're in is dark and cold. You try and move but the chilling sounds of chains prevent you. You look behind you and find yourself strapped to a rusty pole, with both your hands and feet being stuck to it in a painful way as the cuffs are as tight as possible. Everything was numb a second ago but as you start to move and start to feel again, nothing but pain shoots through you, almost to the point of screaming out. You don't know where you are and you don't remember what happened. You take a deep breath and let your mind properly wake up and figure out what's going on. That's when panic sets in. Des's name gets repeated over and over in your head so you begin to hyperventilate, yanking against the chains to try and get free as tears instantly announce themselves. You yank and pull, not caring if the pole falls over and hits you in the face. You just have to get free. You start to cry even more and scream as you can't accept your fate. You kick the pole, you bite the chains, and you make your skin go red raw from all the pressure of trying to pull at least one of your hands free. Everything is pain.

~~~~~~~~~~

A door slams somewhere, followed by footsteps creaking on some steps.

"Y/n?" they call out.

You keep your mouth shut because you know exactly who is there. The light to the room is turned on and you wince at the brightness before looking towards a set of stairs that tell you you're in a basement.

"Oh, you're finally awake!" Des exclaims, happily.

You look away from him and at the floor but he just walks over to you. He kneels in front of you.

"Something the matter?" He grabs your face to look at him.

You glare at him, not as scared as you first thought.

Des grins at you. "Welcome home, baby~."

You don't react.

"Sorry about the chains but we have to let your mind heal, or you might try and run away from me."

For some reason, all you feel is rage. Des leans in for a kiss but you kick him in the stomach, making him fall backwards and groan in pain.

"Argh! I see I don't even get a thank you," he hisses.

You snap. "A thank you!!? For what!!??"

"Saving your life."

"By kidnapping me!!!??"

"Desperate times need desperate measures."

"Go to hell."

Des narrows his eyes at you and you do the same. You don't know why you think antagonizing him is the best idea, but you do it anyway.

"You'll see the truth eventually..." Des says. "I'll take good care of you until then."

He grabs your cheek and tries to go for a kiss again but you spit in his face, making him recoil backwards. He wipes his face and looks back at you, only to see your anger-filled face. He huffs angrily at you and stands up to leave. You burn the back of his head with your gaze as he does.

~~~~~~~~~~

When you hear the door to this basement slam shut, you burst out into tears. This isn't how you want to die. Des left the light on so you can inspect the room you're trapped in through your blurry eyes. You look around. This whole place is coated in dust, dirt, garbage, and other disgusting things. You count thirty different spider webs scattered everywhere with dead bugs stuck to them. One thing gets your full attention, however. A picture of you and Bonnie in your house is being held onto the wall by some tape. You instantly recognise it to be of Thursday, five days ago since you're standing at the sink and Bonnie's got his arms around you. The thing is though, is that Bonnie's face has aggressively been scribbled over in black ink, while your face has a circle around it in the same substance. You begin to cry even harder at the mere sight of Bonnie. Bonnie... You then start to think about your dad and Andrew, Freddy, Chica, Foxy, Golden Freddy... Everyone. You didn't even really get to meet them, you didn't get to talk to Andrew yesterday, your dad and you left on a bad note and Bonnie's last words to you were 'I love you'. The last conversation you had with Bonnie was about when you two first met and how he can't live without you...you said that you weren't going anywhere. You repeat everything that happened yesterday since it's the only form of comfort you have right now. Slowly, you start to repeat every scenario you've had in your life, starting from your earliest memory to your latest. You relive your entire life in your head. Every smile, every pout, every frown, every laugh. You sit, stuck to that pole, and remember everything so you don't have to think about how you're going to die, to the point that you remember even a single speck on a wall in your memory. You wonder if anyone has noticed you're missing yet. You wonder how everyone is, back at the workshop. What are they doing? What are they working on?

~~~~~~~~~~

You hunch over and accept the fact that Bonnie is your main concern right now, especially after he told you he can't live without you. You have no idea what time it is so he could be sleeping peacefully right now, not knowing that he'll most likely never see you again. He probably expects to be woken up by you, and that's how it should be. You should be with him right now, and yet here you are, stuck in this disgusting, godforsaken place, being held captive by some monster. You kick the pole again just to let some of your despair out. You stare down at your red hands, now covered in dirt from the handcuffs. They're already bruised from all the force you used before to yank free and are tingling from all the pain. Teardrops fall onto them, which acts like an ice pack and soothes your hands slightly. You're numb and feeling everything at the same time. The room spins and you swear you can hear Bonnie's voice saying he loves you right in your ear. You grab a crumpled piece of paper and chuck it with all your might and anger at a wall, also kicking the pole yet again. You hear some bangs upstairs, indicating Des is doing something, and you just scream out how much you hate him, not caring if he doesn't hear you because you need to let everything out. He's the one that has taken your life away. You had pictured yourself exploring the world with Bonnie, maybe even getting married, and then dying peacefully via natural old age surrounded by loved ones. Now you're doomed to die here by who knows what, all by yourself. You hug your legs up to your chest and cry into your knees, your mind latching onto the thought of Bonnie. You need him more than anything. You picture yourself walking with him outside, and he's gawking at everything he sees. You think of Freddy, Foxy, Chica and Golden Freddy all having a beautiful picnic outside with Bonnie and you, basking in the sun, having a good time...enjoying life.

~~~~~~~~~

The thought of Bonnie keeps you company and gives you warmth on the inside, even if you won't see him ever again. You'll never forget all the time you spent with him, all the things he made you feel or how much he made you smile. If he is your dying thought, then the end won't be as bad for you. Only if Bonnie is the last thing you picture in your head, everything will be fine."I love you, y/n." You can hear him say in your head. Nothing will beat that. You would do anything to hear that again. You fall to the side as all hope leaves you, not to sleep or even rest, but because you physically can't hold yourself up anymore. Maybe you'll just die in your sleep. You would prefer that over whatever Des has in store for you. It's hard to accept that this might be the end for you and you still don't, but you can feel that slipping away. You just lay there and listen to the sound of your blood pumping through your body as it pounds your ears. Why you? What did you do to deserve this? You wrap your arms around yourself in a hug and slowly rock back and forth. Someone, please help. You want out. You don't want to die. There are so many things you want to do. You don't want to leave Bonnie by himself. What if he's panicking right now? What if something's wrong over at the workshop? You can't help him. He can't help you. Someone help. Anyone. Please... You don't want to be here.

Please help.

Maybe you'll get help, maybe you won't. We are nearing the end after all. ;). Until next time!!