Chapter 16: Catching On

Key:
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name

You jump awake at the sound of your phone going off because of a message and find yourself still in the closet, resting up against Bonnie's chest. You start to reach for your bag with a strange dizziness washing over you as you slightly move your head up. Pushing past it, you get your bag and drag it closer to you to unzip it. Bonnie shifts slightly and mumbles – obviously in a deep sleep – as you get your phone out. You put your head back down on his chest as the dizziness gets to you. As the screen lights up you see a text from your dad.

~~~Text Messages~~~
Dad: Where are you? I'm at the entrance
You: Hold on. I'll be there in a bit.
Dad: K

You take a deep breath. Slowly, you sit up and immediately a bunch of white specs flash in your vision so you hold your position for a second to let it disappear before resuming getting up. You hear Bonnie whimper when you completely detach from him as he jumps in between sleep and consciousness so you whisper that you'll be back soon, swinging your bag over your shoulder and opening the door. You gently shut it behind you. You find your dad standing at the entrance, looking at his phone.

"There you are!" he says.

You only smile. He chuckles slightly, shaking his head, and reaches for the door. He apologizes for the little argument he had with Des as you stood there watching while you're both walking to his car. You just say it's alright. You start to shiver and sniffle again while standing on the pavement, waving your dad goodbye as he drives off, so as soon as he disappears you race back inside the building. Now, with the want to get the clean-up finished as quickly as possible, you decide to also race around the building to do just that. You decide to leave Bonnie be since he looked way too peaceful and cute while sleeping for you to have the heart to disturb him. You clean all the rooms – sort of half-assed – as quickly as you can before the dizziness or something else attacks you and you can't finish the job. Luckily, that goal is completed just as you want and you find yourself outside the closet yet again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Quietly and slowly, you open it. Bonnie is still asleep in the same position as you left him. You sit back down where you were before you woke up and left. Immediately when you make physical contact with Bonnie he snuggles up to you, mumbling what seems to be your name and you can't help but smile. He wraps both arms around you and you declare yourself trapped – which you don't really mind. You get comfortable and rest your head back on his chest, trying not to move so much or so quickly. Thankfully, Bonnie holds you tighter so when you start to shiver it's not as bad as his warmth absorbs you.

"Y/n....." you hear him say.

"Hm?" You look up only to see him still asleep.

You sit up and he shifts. He then pats around with his hand – still fast asleep – so you grab it and he mumbles your name once again.

"Don't....leave.." he says. "No..."

You gently caress his hand with your thumb and lean up to kiss his cheek. He does relax but only for a little while before reverting back to mumbling.

"No.." He shakes his head. "Don't...deserve..."

You hug his arm as you start to get worried.

"Y/n......love..."

What kind of a dream can he be having? You're tempted to wake him but you don't know if that's right so you simply hug his arm tighter and again he relaxes for a short time until just going back to mumbles.

"Bonnie," you say.

He hums in a deep as hell voice. "No....protect....love....no."

He shakes his head before jumping awake with a slight yelp.