Chapter 17: Pushed Too Far

Key:
Y/n = your name

You are proud to say that you are strong. You are proud to say that you've been like this your whole life and you wear that 100% attendance with pride. You are proud to say that on behalf of your immune system as well....usually, anyway. For some reason, all these accomplishments of rarely getting ill or very slightly are seemingly impossible to do again, especially when you can barely think straight and are being surrounded by tissues with a wet cloth on your forehead. Constantly having coughing fits that leave you gasping for air as it feels like a rock has been clogged in your throat. Neither is the dizziness and the sound of your own blood pumping in your ear. You have laid like this all night, a single bucket next to your bed just in case, and now you're watching the sunlight spray into your room through a closed curtain, seemingly a lot duller than you remember. You hear your phone buzz next to you so you groan and look over at it. That's when you notice the time. 3:00pm. Wow. You sigh at yourself and grab your phone to switch the screen on.

~~~~Text Messages~~~~
Dad: You okay? Des said that you're sick and that you're not gonna come in today.
You: I'll be honest and say I am sick but I will be coming in.
Dad: Lost that healthy combo you've had for years have we? :)
You: Maybe :)
Dad: Don't push yourself jellybean.
Dad: I can't afford to lose you.
You: I'll be fine.

No, you won't. You can feel it – it's obvious – but you have to now. Just don't give in. You tell yourself. The first thing to worry about right now is to actually get up anyway. You brace yourself and put both hands on the bed to push yourself up into a sitting position, already getting dizzier. You groan and wince the whole way. After regaining a steady vision you get dressed and even that gets you wheezing and gasping for air but you push and push and push, all the way to the car to start your journey you already hate.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thankfully, you make it to the workshop, still upset at the people that kept honking at you to go faster, and you try not to think about how cold it's going to be outside. You take a deep breath and bolt outside and into the building. Wheezes, dizziness, and a struggle for air accompany you, however, as you shut the door so naturally, you start to cough a lot. Once you've calmed down and can breathe again you notice that the place is empty.

"Was that my dying daughter I heard?" You hear to your right.

"Sorry. I parked as close as I could."

Your dad sighs and shakes his head. You wave him off and keep repeating how fine you'll be.

"I don't think you should do the clean-up, y/n." He crosses his arms.

"We'll see. Anyway, where is everyone?"

"Well we close a lot earlier on Sundays and the remaining people are in a meeting right now."

You nod and give him a look.

He sighs. "Fiiine, you can come but don't you dare push yourself."

You salute and smile as he can't help but chuckle, covering his mouth as he does. He turns and you walk with him to the same little room you were in before. Everyone's already seated and seemingly in the middle of a conversation as you enter but no one stops talking, thankfully. There is one empty chair on the opposite side of the table from you with Bonnie standing not too far behind it. Your dad motions for you to sit down but you push him towards it, gently whispering 'cause you're old'. He chuckles and sits down, while you move to stand next to Bonnie. He only notices you when you nudge him with your elbow and he switches back to reality and away from staring off into space. You both quickly smile at each other before focusing on whatever is being said.

"Should we start construction or at least the layout?" someone says.

"The layout yes but I think we should lay off of the actual building for a lot longer."

"Not too long. I doubt we'll scrap this whole thing since Bonnie's going so well. Once we figure out how far we can go with this tech we can pinpoint what we should implement into the others, which won't take that long."

"What happens to Bonnie? Are we going to leave all the things we tried on him?"

"Sure. He can just be 'special'." They stick out their tongue and do a weird voice on 'special'.

Some people laugh.

"Well if it's too much and we can't exactly use it for performances we're gonna have to scrap it." some guy says.

"I don't think that'll be necessary."

"You never know. Plus we get to use its parts for the rest of them so it's cheaper too."

"Des, please."

It takes you a second but you realise what was said. Des? You take a closer look at the guy that was talking and it is indeed Des. You didn't notice at first because of one thing...He's got purple hair. It is completely purple, and it's the same purple as Bonnie. You narrow your eyes at him but quickly dart them over to someone talking. Shortly after, you can feel him staring at you, begging you to look back but you keep your eyes glued onto the person speaking – even if you're not exactly listening.

~~~~~~~~

Eventually, Des does look away and you do relax but only for a short time since the dizziness and ill feeling flares up again. You can feel your throat and lungs close up as you start to wheeze. As less and less air goes into you, you become increasingly dizzy. You shake your head and focus on the conversation happening, unconscionably leaning up against Bonnie for stability. He nudges you slightly but you don't notice. He then does it a bit harder and still nothing so he taps you but still nothing. He looks down and sees you clearly struggling to stand up straight and wheezing horrifically. Everyone's attention is on someone in the kitchen so they're all facing away from you and Bonnie so he takes this opportunity to tap your dad on the shoulder. He turns around and immediately starts to get up as his eyes meet you. You, however, haven't noticed any of what's happening and just suddenly find yourself sitting down outside of the room with your dad kneeling in front of you. You jump up but your dad grabs your shoulders and sits you back down, saying how it's okay.

"What *wheeze* happened....?" you ask.

"I don't know, Bonnie tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around you looked ready to drop."

"*wheeze..oh...*wheeze*."

Your dad, huffs. "It seems that we both underestimated this illness..."

You just nod.

He gets up. "I'll drive you home. Just drink this water and take it slow."

You nod again as he runs off, telling you he'll be back soon. You're left in silence apart from the sound of your lungs trying to function. You sip the water you were given and try to relax but it gets worse so you focus on trying to get a steady breathing pattern. It gets worse and worse and worse. You can hear your dad frantically running around and yelling at people to do things for him as he tries his best to get everything running without him and get his things. That's when it happens. You cough and yelp as whatever tiny airway you had left closes along with your vision slowly fading. You can't breathe.

The only thing your dad sees when he opens the door is you hitting the floor.

"Y/N!!!!" He rushes over. "God dammit! I told you not to push yourself!!"

But you did, and now who knows what will happen. All because you pushed.

Damn. Well I did something with the sickness :)......;-; but at what cost? Maybe it was too much but...yeah...Until next time!! XD.