Chapter 44: How Are You?

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

"He hasn't left his room, boss."

"At all?"

"At. All..."

"Hm. Has Andrew managed to talk to him?"

"Not that I know of."

Your dad sighs. If Andrew can't get to Bonnie then no one will.

"Where is Andrew now?" your dad asks.

"I think he'll be arriving back here soon."

"Alright. If you see him, tell him to come to me immediately."

"Yes, boss."

The worker leaves and your dad takes a deep breath before entering Bonnie's room, only to find it empty, indicating he's hidden himself in the tiny room behind the wall.

"Bonnie?" he calls out.

Nothing. Even though he probably isn't going to get anywhere with Bonnie, just a quick word won't hurt. Just until Andrew gets back. Your dad climbs the old ladder, trying to strain his ears to hear anything over the creaky ladder. It's sort of understandable why Bonnie is acting like this, but to merely cut himself off from everyone and sink away by himself. That's a bit much. Maybe your dad just doesn't truly understand how undeniably important you are to Bonnie.

"Bonnie?" he repeats.

Still nothing. He gets in front of the loose wall that hides Bonnie and puts his ear up to it. He's defiantly in there because your dad can hear the sound of sheets moving.

"Bonnie?" He gently knocks.

A slight mumble or something is heard.

"How're you holding up?" your dad asks.

Silence.

"Do you want to talk?"

"...not right now..."

Bonnie's voice, though muffled by the wall, is shaky and brittle, showing signs of being strained in some way.

"Alright. Will you at least talk to Andrew when he gets back?" your dad asks, worryingly.

"...maybe..."

A smacking noise is heard and Bonnie goes completely silent as if he's made himself stop talking by slapping a hand to his mouth.

"Ok." Your dad backs up slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie doesn't say anything else and just stays put with his hand covering his mouth to silence his sobs of pain. He hasn't felt anything else since he went to your house and found you gone. Nothing has entered his mind, except for those haunting marks on the grass that were made by your unconscious body. Occasionally, a random memory about you will pop out of nowhere but that would only make things worse. He's been crying nonstop. He doesn't even know what time it is. The shaking is new, however, as every part of him won't stop moving, especially his hands. He's been staring at them for ages, just hoping that yours will come out of nowhere and grab his. Just one last time. Bonnie exhales, in a slight whimper, and curls himself into a ball. You would always make him feel better, way before he even got near this state, even if you didn't know it. Almost every day, every time you smiled, every problem would disappear. You were his beautiful distraction from reality and issues but now... He massages his forehead, leaning his arm on his knee as everything goes numb. Just a second ago, there were so many emotions but now there's nothing, except for the tears that are still aggressively rolling down his face. His mind gets stuck on a single image of you, sitting across from him and smiling, safe, with him, not...wherever you are right now. He doesn't shift away from that image. He can't. Bonnie stares into nothing and just sits there like he has been for almost a day now, as much as it's physically starting to hurt him since his joints are getting stiff, begging for him to at least stand up. He doesn't have the energy to even do that, however, so he doesn't move. Nothing is going to make anything better until you are found and alright. What would Bonnie do if you are found, alive, but just barely clinging onto life? Or seriously injured? All the scenarios he plays out in his head end up with you being either in hospital or dead, the only exception being that you come out completely fine. He hopes with every single little bit of energy he has that that is the case and you'll be unscathed once found. Bonnie stares down at his hands again, watching as multiple tear drops fall onto them. He can't do anything without you, not even live if anyone judges by how he is right now. Bonnie hunches over as everything starts to hurt again.