Chapter 23: Then Explain Everything

Key:
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name

~~~~Text Messages~~~~

You: is Bonnie coming?
Dad: no.
You: :( why?
Dad: for several reasons. One, it's not a Friday so we need him here. Two, a thing happened last night or so I'm told and three, I have something VERY important and serious I need to talk to you about.
You: ok.

That is terrifying to read. It's just a text and you can tell he's angry so now you would kind of rather he not visit, but you can't tell him that. You sit your phone on the table beside you and look out the window to your left, daydreaming about Bonnie and how nice it'll be to finally be back in his arms. Dr. Evon did say, however, that you need to stay home after you get released and keep movement to a minimum so you probably won't be able to do the clean-up for a while and if you do visit the workshop, it won't be for long. Just for the sake of your health. On multiple occasions the idea of trying to convince your dad to bring Bonnie with him when he goes to your house crosses your mind even though that possibility is so small it may as well be impossible. You sigh to yourself. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~

After who knows how long the door opens with your dad following. He's not happy.

"Hi..." you say.

"Hey, how're you feeling?"

"A bit better......you?"

He huffs and sits down on the chair next to your bed. "Oh, y/n...where do I even start?"

"What about that 'thing' that happened?"

"Ok." He takes a deep breath. "Bonnie apparently attacked Des."

You just blink at him, not really believing it.

"Des came up to me this morning, " he continues, "and said that while he was cleaning Bonnie appeared behind him and attacked. It resulted in a fight we he barely escaped with some bruises on both his hands, back and shoulders. Bonnie was unresponsive to all of us other than the fact he was just saying 'shut me down' over and over. For some reason Andrew was the only one able to get an explanation out of him and he said that Bonnie attacked Des because Des was saying some pretty messed up stuff towards you and Bonnie just wanted to protect you."

You keep staring at him.

"Who do you believe?" You wince as you say it, afraid of the answer.

"Well...I kind of have to say Des since he's more reliable but then again after what I heard when Bonnie was here with you I don't know anymore." His tone of voice changes and his eyes narrow.

"S-so...you're going to shut him down?"

"I don't know yet."

You flinch at that response. He can't do that.

"But I still have that serious discussion I need to talk to you about, y/n l/n."

The use of your last name is a clear sign this is going to get worse.

"A-and what would that be, dad?"

He takes a long breath. "Yesterday. When Bonnie was here with you and I had left to look at your medication. I heard something I can't explain..."

Oh god. You already feel like crying.

"Apparently...you and Bonnie....love each other?" He narrows his eyes at you as your world sinks. "And don't try and deflect this. I know what I heard y/n."

~~~~~~~~~~

You fail and start crying. Not little tears. Aggressive, bawling your eyes out mixing with some screams, unable to even talk. Your dad hugs you and shushes you.