Chapter 48: Rescue (Part Two)

Key:
Y/n = your name

You shout out at the top of your lungs that you love Bonnie before Des slams the basement door shut. Once silence comes to embrace you in this cold room you cry and scream, as every single feeling hits you. Bonnie was right there. Your dad was right there. Even though they are all the way at the workshop, they were right there. You talked to them, you saw them, you heard them. They talked to you, they saw you, they heard you. You hunch over as all hope leaves you. That was the last time you would see your dad and Bonnie so everything is hurting inside you. The sound of your blood pumping in your ears is all you start to hear, even topping over your harsh breathing, and a weird feeling starts to overcome you out of nowhere. The feeling of anger. The type of anger that demands to scream, to hurt, to be granted freedom. You need freedom. Every part of your body demands it and you feel as if you'll die if you don't get it right this very second. Your mind burns with this sudden rage. Maybe it was your dad yelling, maybe it was the sight of Bonnie, looking like the whole world had crumbled around him. You've always wanted to get out – obviously – but it was never like this. You never truly wanted it in this way. An odd feeling of power makes it seem so easy because of the adrenaline. Pure adrenaline. Images of Bonnie flash in your mind. Pictures of the future you should have fill every inch of your sight. You want out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Your breathing increases dramatically and you dig your fingers into the ground. Out. Out. You need to get back to your dad and Bonnie. Bonnie. Bonnie. You need to get outside. You need the air. Get out. Slight sounds of voices can be heard upstairs, one of them sounding muffled. Des is still on the call with your dad. You feel weak again for a split, fraction of a second before going straight back to the strange anger. You can't give up now, especially after seeing both your dad and Bonnie, so desperate to see you again, in person. You want to see them again. You look up at the pole that's been keeping you trapped down in this basement. It's ice cold, crusty from rust and damaged, thankfully. That makes this angry need to get out even stronger because now it seems more closer to being possible, giving this rush of pure hope in the process. You touch the bottom of the pole, near the floor, and wrap your hand around it to tug at it. You push it and then pull it. The more you do so, the looser it becomes because it's very slowly creating a bigger hole in the dirt floor so you keep repeating that same action, getting more and more desperate. You start to use both hands as well. The top of the pole is also moving, just a little less, so dirt and rust fall down onto the top of your head, signaling your progress as well. You don't care how much the handcuffs pinch your skin, or how red your hands get from the constant motions against the rough surface of the pole. The rest of the world goes fuzzy so nothing else can be seen but this godforsaken pole, as you focus on it and how loose it's getting, freedom coming closer with each centimeter. You're getting closer. The second this pole comes crashing down to the floor, you're booking it outside, and if Des tries to catch you then you aren't going to hold anything back. You'll kick, scratch, punch, anything to get away from him. You'll run. Don't know where, but you'll run. You just have to get away from this house, since anywhere in the world will be better than this dump. You picture Bonnie waiting outside for you, arms open, and just waiting for you to run to him so you can finally be safe and sound once again. That's where you need to be right now. In his arms. You can hear his voice, calling for you to come to him. He's waiting for you and you need to get outside to get to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

The basement door squeaks open and you freeze, stopping your progress towards freedom. Des walks down the stairs, very slowly, and when he gets to the bottom, he looks everything but happy. He glares at you and you glare right back.

"We might have to move, baby," he says.

"Move?"

He nods. "Yep. Something was off when I was talking to your dad and I think that he has a certain group of people coming after us."