Chapter 4: Conversations

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

You blink awake from the small amount of sunlight barely peeking through a curtain that somehow managed to pick an angle directed right at your eyes. You roll over so you're not getting blinded and mumble incoherently to yourself, maybe to tell the sun to go away. You look at your clock on the bedside table through tired, unfocused eyes and notice what time it is. 11:29 am. Damn. You've slept in. You groan and sit up brushing your scruffy hair out of your face with your hand, blinking thousands of times to try and wake up. You faintly hear your phone buzz besides the clock so you grab it without looking and turn the screen on, squinting at the bright light. It's a message from your dad saying to 'GET UP!' with a laughing emoji. You smile and do as you're told, flinging the covers off and grabbing some clothes out of the drawers. Nothing fancy, just a long sleeve top and some leggings. (you can change it if you want ;)) You have some breakfast and prep yourself a bit in the bathroom to look a little more appealing. You get your keys and favorite bag before heading out the door after making sure everything is locked up tight and that everything is how it should be. You practically jump down the stairs and towards your car. You hop in and get it running, immediately turning the heater on full because you feel as if you'll freeze at any second. After basking in the heat for a moment you throw it in reverse and back out of the driveway with a smile slowly appearing on your face. You turn onto the road and began driving to the workplace.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

You roll into the car park and manage to eagle eye a free spot that you snatch instantly to park up. You gather your things and get out into the ice land that is the outside, trying to shorten the transition from the car to the building by basically running. After successfully doing that, flinging the door open and shutting it behind you, you exhale in relief. This is only the start of winter. Hooray.

"Hey, sleepy head."

You turn around and see your dad with a grin on his face.

"Sorry."

He shakes his head. "How are you, y/n?"

You simply wrap your arms around yourself and make a chattering noise with your teeth.

"Well, it's just the beginning," he says in a dramatic voice. "You should rug up more."

"I know..." You look down.

He chuckles. "You wanna go see Bonnie again?"

You nod enthusiastically so you both go ahead and walk the same route you took the day previous. No sign of Des. That doesn't matter though, therefore you only focus on trying to stay close to your dad and not bump into any workers who are running around. It seems that the majestic dance you saw yesterday with Des is confined to when they're actually working on something.

~~~~~~~~~

By some miracle, both you and your dad make it to the room where Bonnie resides.

"There isn't anything scheduled until a lot later on so we have more time," your dad mentions.

You smile, genuinely happy, and follow him into the actual area with Bonnie. When you're through the door and your dad closes it behind you, you notice how Bonnie isn't where he was before – in the center of the room attached to the pole. Rather, he's in the corner, sitting at a table flipping through the file your dad showed you yesterday. Your dad sighs behind you.

"Remind me to get a more secure holder thing," he says.

"What?"

"Sometimes we find him not locked onto it, possibly because it's getting old, and it's kind of an issue since he automatically activates when detached from it."