Chapter 46: Take A Breath

Key:
.-.

Another successful dodge. That fear of Des snapping has unfortunately become a reality so now you're forced to swing yourself around – still stuck to the pole – to be able to fend off multiple random objects being flung at you. He's only got a couple of hits but those weren't hard and didn't even leave a mark, but each time he throws something it seems to be getting more violent. The worst one so far was when you called Des, 'Des' instead of his now preferred name of Vincent and he hurled a stapler at your head. He's been yelling random stuff at you as well – like that's going to get him anywhere. Occasionally, when Des misses you with his shot, he'll hit the pole which causes the top of it to shift slightly in the hole in the roof, where it's secured, sending dust and dirt onto you but you don't care as you hope that he'll damage it enough to break it, granting freedom.

"Why are you so stubborn?!" Des asks, full of rage.

You don't answer because you are focusing on the piece of metal in his hands, trying to see when and in what direction he's going to toss it. When he realises you aren't answering, however, he throws it and you duck in a way that makes it hit the pole since that has become your goal now.

"Answer me!" He stomps his foot on the ground, like a toddler.

"You know exactly why," you spit.

"You do not love that piece of complete garbage." He grabs a glass cup.

"Yes. I. Do."

Des chucks the cup at you but you let that one fly off way behind you and allow it to smash into the wall because of the glass. You look at all the shards for a moment before turning back to Des. He's breathing heavily and glaring holes through your face.

"Don't you love me?!" He slams a hand to his chest.

"No! Why the hell would I?!"

"Because I'm your soulmate!"

Now he's sounding crazier than ever.

"You are NOT my soulmate!"

Des laughs in a way that says he thinks you're the crazy one.

"Then who is your soulmate then?" he asks.

"Bonnie."

Des clenches his fists, turning them white, and does the same with his teeth as he narrows his eyes at you, while pure anger swirls around inside of him. He's sick and tired of you blabbering on about Bonnie.

~~~~~~~~~~

He walks over to an old, dirty table and grabs a picture off of it. He throws it at you. You grab it cautiously, and unfold it, immediately getting onto the verge of tears. It's a photo of Bonnie. You bite your lip at the sight because he's smiling in the picture and actually happy, as this seems to have been taken way before any of this happened, maybe even before you first came to the workshop.

"What do you see?" Des asks.

"Bonnie..."

"And what does that thing mean to you?"

"He means the world to me, De—Vincent." You scrunch your face up at him, as you don't know what he's getting at.

"The world, huh? So if it were to...let's say...'disappear'....it would mean the end for you?"

"Yes. It would."

You dig your nails into the ground as Des hints at what he wants to do with Bonnie. He shakes his head at you, clearly disappointed in you and with that answer.