Chapter 6: Dream The Mess Away

Key:
Y/n = your name

"Dad be careful."

You grab his arm, steering him away from almost tripping over a couple of tools that are randomly strewn on the floor – as well as saving yourself from almost knocking over a stack of metal blocks of some sort.

"Y/n be careful," he mocks.

You both laugh, straightening yourselves and getting back on course towards the exit of the building.

"This place is a serious mess ya'know," you say.

"Yeah...no one's really organized here."

"Don't you have a clean-up or something at the end of the day?"

"Sort of. Some people do clean up but a lot of people just leave because they're too knackered."

"Can I help?"

Your dad stops for a second and gives you a questioning look. "What?"

"Like can I help clean up for everyone, so they don't have to worry about it and it's easier to work? I can do it when everyone leaves."

"I don't know about that, y/n... We close pretty late and that's a lot of work aaaanndd I don't want you here alone."

You sigh and look at him. "Dad. You know how I'm a night owl and can function perfectly fine throughout the night, I don't think that there's as much work as you think there is aaanndd I know how to defend myself; plus Bonnie's here."

You both reach the exit door and leave outside. Your dad sighs as he walks with you to your car.

"I'll think about it y/n," he says as you get into your car.

"Dad... Don't push help away." You start the engine up.

"I said I'll think about it jellybean." He scruffs your hair up.

You laugh and throw your car in reverse and your dad steps back. You wave him goodbye as you pull out onto the road and he waves back, walking back into the building.

~~~~~Skip to when you're home ~~~~~

You close the front door and shiver. Curse winter. You toss your bag on the couch, taking the Bonnie plush out and setting it down on the coffee table. Now it's quiet, and now your thoughts come sprinting into your brain. Mainly the thoughts you were trying to picture before during the day but then kept getting interrupted, like the conversation you had with Des about Bonnie. Oh damn. You should've asked your dad about it. Oh well, you'll ask him tomorrow. It gives you more time to think about it anyway. You realise some things didn't line up with what he said. Like when he said that Bonnie just snaps randomly like some unstable psycho, but then said that the reason why he didn't try to do anything to you was that he was waiting for the perfect moment as if he was a devious killer. It doesn't make sense and that thought makes you happy because it means that it's not true and Bonnie is the adorable, sweet animatronic you think he is.

~~~~~~~~~~

When you go over to the kitchen to make some dinner another question pops into your head. Why did Des shock Bonnie? There must've been some reason. Maybe it's all in his head – all the 'violence' from Bonnie and having to use that shock regularly for 'safety'. Maybe it's all because he's paranoid about Bonnie and what he might be capable of and feels the need to think and act how he does. It's wrong if that's true. Hopefully, he doesn't try to make you think like that any more than he already has. Even though you don't like the idea, you will confront him about it if it goes too far. Unless you are completely wrong about this entire situation and there is a perfectly good reason for his behaviors towards Bonnie and you. Hopefully, things don't escalate and just either stay the way they are or completely disappear.