Chapter 22: Fight! Fight!

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

Bonnie leaves with your dad feeling refreshed and happy, especially now since he can fantasize about you without any toxic thoughts. The only thing on his mind now is you getting out of hospital and finally doing that 'research' he was supposed to do ages ago. He pays barely any attention to how you're dad's acting, mainly how he keeps looking Bonnie up and down, trying to figure something out. He's just concerned at how happy he suddenly is and that makes it worse since it means the conversation he heard wasn't all in his head. You and Bonnie apparently 'love' each other. The main concern is with you since Bonnie can't feel and most likely said it back to be polite, even with no understanding of what that word means, but then why did you say it? Maybe you didn't mean it in the way he's thinking. This doesn't even remotely explain how Bonnie was talking to you though since it definitely wasn't how he's supposed to talk. What made him go "you're serious?" To you? Your dad never heard anything before that so now he's left with so many conflicting thoughts about what's happening between you and Bonnie. He keeps occasionally glancing at him and every time, he's met with him looking out into space with a smile and eyelids low like he's having a pleasant dream. What about that noise he heard? It sounded like a kiss or something similar. No. It couldn't have been. The whole car ride back to the workshop is like this. What is he going to do?

~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome back," Des says to your dad.

"Thanks," he replies, bluntly.

Des looks at Bonnie and that stupid grin on his face. Not a good sign.

"How's y/n?"

"Better. I don't think she'll be in there for much longer unless something happens."

Des nods, still glaring at Bonnie who isn't paying attention to anything and he gets an idea.

"Are we still doing the water tests?" Des asks.

"Uhh. I think we'll be doing them again once we improve him more."

Damn. That particular test was always the most unbearable – if not the only one like that.

"Bonnie, you can go ahead to your room," your dad says.

Bonnie nods and leaves – still with a smile – while Des takes notes on your dad's tone of voice. He sounds upset as if Bonnie did something wrong and he's still salty about it. Des can't help but grin at this.

"How was it?" He nods in the direction Bonnie went.

"Oh. Uh, good...I guess. No issues." Your dad still has that tone of voice.

It reminds Des of how almost every single father acts and sounds when someone's just being a little too nice to their daughter. He knows this from....past experiences. Oh. If that's the case and your dad saw or heard something he shouldn't have then maybe he can use this to his advantage. It would be a tremendous help to get you if your very own dad was against Bonnie and rather on his side.

"That's nice to hear," Des says.

"Yeah."

"You know, y/d/n. I know we've had some bumps in the past but I must say how much I admire you and how you look after y/n."

Your dad blinks a couple of times. "That's...very kind, Des."

"You really do care about her, don't you? You want nothing bad to ever happen to her?"

"Of course I care about her and want her safe."

"She loves you too. I hope to have a kid like that one day." He puts a hand on your dad's shoulder to push him.