Chapter 9: What A Day

Key:
Y/n = your name

You let yourself sleep in today since you manage to remember that your dad's only expecting you to arrive at around 9 pm because they have to do tests on Bonnie. You lay still, thinking about yesterday – specifically yesterday night with Bonnie. It would be a lie if you say you're not looking forward to it tonight. You sigh when thinking about Bonnie. How is he being treated to warrant that sort of attachment? They wouldn't be suffocating him in love, cuddles and such – obvious – but would he really get that desperate as to struggle to let go if they were just treating him normally? Maybe he's more of a sweetheart than you thought. You figure that you'll get to see how he's considered later today when you get to see this 'test'. Your phone goes off and you groan while grabbing it off your bedside table. It's a message from your dad. You open messages to see the full message.

~~~~Text Messages~~~~

Dad: Did anything happen last night?
You: No. Why?
Dad: Did Bonnie glitch or act weird at all?
You: Again, no. Why are you asking?
Dad: It's just that he's acting kinda funny right now and no one knows why
You: What's happening?
Dad: He seems dazed kinda. Like not paying attention to anything.
Dad: And he gets this weird grin on his face whenever he zones out.
You: Is it a serious problem?
Dad: Maybe not now. I mean we can still test but if it keeps up
You: Just leave it for now
You: It might just be a thing that will sort itself out
Dad: Alright then
Dad: I look forward to seeing you this evening
You: And I look forward to seeing you

The conversation ends there. The hell is he talking about? Dazed? You think back to last night and can't recall any behaviors similar. The only thing you noticed was nervousness and sadness. Is it really affecting him that much? But that won't explain the 'grin' on his face – unless your dad mistook whatever expression it was for a grin. You sigh to yourself and fall back onto the pillow, knowing all you can do is wait until the time is appropriate to leave. You look over at the Bonnie plush you moved to your desk and just stare at it for some reason. You begin to wish it was the real one sitting there, smiling adorably, doing his cute little bounce and staring back at you with those beautiful red eyes. You know that's probably never going to happen but a girl can dream. A girl can dream. You tut out loud to yourself about what is going through your head right now. You're so weird. Instead of thinking about that, you get out of bed and simply decide to go about your day without overthinking any of this since a lot of it will be answered with time.
But you make an exception for thinking about Bonnie.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

You pull into the parking lot, a little early – yes – as it's 7:30 pm, but you feel as if that was the best option and get out of your car. You run to the door yet again and fling yourself inside, letting out a little sigh of relief and a shiver.

"You alright y/n?"

You turn around to see Des. "Y-yes just a little cold is all."

He nods. "I was wondering where you were. I haven't seen you in a while. Why did you come in so late today? I mean we're only an hour and a half away from closing."

"Oh, uh, my dad said that I can just come in at this time."

"Why?"

"B-because I'm helping to tidy up the place for everyone."

"What? Like after we close and the place is empty except for the tin can?!" he exclaims.

"Yes...." you manage to say.

Tin can? What the hell?

"You should've told me! I can help you out and keep you safe."

"No no, I'm alright Des. Thank you."