Chapter 19: Nothing Clear

Key:
Y/n = your name

"Bye...dad..."

"Bye jellybean."

Your dad leaves the room. You sigh, grabbing your phone as it pinged beforehand. It's a message from Des – of course.

~~~~Text Messages~~~~

Des: Hey.
Des: I was wondering how you're doing right now.
You: Better
Des: That's so good to hear. I was so worried. Do you know when you'll be released?
You: No.
Des: Oh ok. I hope it's soon.
You: My Dad said that you're going to be handling clean-ups now, yes?
Des: Yeah. It'll be kinda lonely without you.
You: How are things going at the workshop?
Des: Pretty well but the tin can is still acting up. Which is to be expected to be honest.
You: Ok.

Great; because that's what you need. The worry of what's going to happen with Des and Bonnie during that clean-up. At this moment you wish Bonnie had a phone so you can talk to him or better yet, he can come visit you. Maybe you can convince your dad to let that happen, even if that possibility is slim. You think about where Bonnie is right now. Is he by himself? Is he surrounded by people like normal? You choke back tears. No. Don't think about that. All you can do is hope he's taking all this reasonably well and that he's okay and that everyone doesn't push him too far.

But, unfortunately, he is busy being pushed.

~~~~~~~~

"Des, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Well too bad. I'm in charge now so we do as I say."

Des has been put into power over the tests done on Bonnie when your dad called in saying he's not coming in.

"There has to be something we're missing," he says. "If this finds it then so be it."

"Alright then."

He looks back through the window and into Bonnie's room, where his plan is taking place. Bonnie is stuck to the pole as usual but he's got his chest opened up to reveal circuits and such, which he should be temporarily shut down for otherwise all the pain is almost unbearable. Someone is stood in front of him, poking around in there to find.... something. Anything abnormal. Des knows that Bonnie is basically feeling all his organs being moved about if he was human but he has to find something that he thinks is leading to all this strange behavior.

"Des, it's almost time where we stop the tests," someone calls out.

"Fair enough, gents. You all can leave, I'll stay."

No one hesitates and leaves the room after putting Bonnie back together. Once Des is alone with Bonnie he enters the room and walks up to him – still on the pole.

"What is it with you?" he says.

Bonnie merely glares at him.

"There's no fault in any of your systems or anything so what's going on?"

He damn well knows the answer or so Bonnie thinks. What he wants is unclear.

"Piece of junk." Des kicks him. "First you almost kill my precious y/n and now you have the audacity to play innocent."

His precious y/n? Bonnie narrows his eyes at him for a second but then he remembers that it's his fault you're in hospital and clinging for your life right now.

"If she was with me she would be fine but no, you had to come in and manipulate her so much. You had to force yourself onto her so many times just so you could pretend to feel! You. You're more than scrap metal, aren't you? Yeah, that's it. You are a malfunctioning...monster."