Chapter 13: What Does That Mean?

Key:
Y/n = your name

You get your bag and head to your car since you've decided to head in early like how you started out because you want to see Bonnie outside his room with everyone else. Hopefully, everything turns out okay so all you have to worry about is tonight.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

As soon as you walk in, the first thing you notice is Bonnie standing next to your dad. Your dad is talking to someone while Bonnie is just standing there, looking tough like a bodyguard of some sort. You smile – sort of attracted – and Bonnie notices you, shifting happily as he does. Your dad notices this movement and looks to Bonnie, who points at you so your dad traces his line of sight to you. He waves you over when he realises it's you so you jog towards them with a smile – the person your dad was talking to is gone.

"You're here early," your dad says.

"I wanted to see Bonnie outside his room." You look up at him and smile.

Bonnie returns it.

"Fair enough. He's doing pretty good. We're sort of testing how well he can follow orders so everyone's trying to give him jobs."

"Weeeelll? How's that going?"

"Good." He nods. "No problems so far..."

Your dad trails off and looks down to the floor, expression changing.

"Dad?"

"Oh! It's just that Des asked Bonnie to do something questionable because of something absurd but he was simply joking."

"Boss!!! Can you come here for a sec?!" someone yells out.

"Yeah! You can walk around with Bonnie, y/n!" your dad tells you as he jogs away.

He disappears into the crowd before you can ask him what Des did so you turn and ask Bonnie. He stutters drastically, and instantly gets really nervous as soon as you do.

"I-I don't think you want to hear it..." he says.

"I think I do."

Bonnie sighs and hunches down slightly, defeated. "He told me to wrap a rope around us if I'm so protective, but the part your dad didn't hear was the real 'questionable part'."

"And what would that be?"

"H-he said that he would burn the rope and save you from me so you wouldn't have to suffer with me being clingy and so you can be protected by the real threat...me."

"Oh..." You blink furiously.

Bonnie squeezes his hands. "Is he right? Am I clingy?"

"What? No! Of course you're not, Bonnie – and you're not a threat either. You're a sweetheart is what you are." You nudge your arm against his slightly.

"But you're the sweetheart," Bonnie says.

You giggle and shake your head. "Alright, Bon. Where do you want to go first?"

~~~~~~~~~

You turn to walk but Bonnie grabs your arm, telling you to wait and pulling you in the opposite direction. He drags you around a corner where no one else is and gives you a warm hug, as well as a long, heartfelt kiss. You laugh. Only then does Bonnie take you back into the crowd and towards one of the rooms. You both enter and someone immediately gives Bonnie something, telling him to take it to the welding room. Bonnie takes no mind to it and keeps gawking at the full working room with all the people in it.

"Is it like this on the outside as well?" he asks.

"Uh....depends where you are."

Bonnie nods, spinning around and happily walks out with an adorable bounce in his step with you just behind. You both make your way over to welding. The only thing you really notice when you're inside that room is Des, seemingly in a heated conversation with someone but the person he's talking to is laughing hysterically while Des is red in the face, angry. As Bonnie hands over the metal pieces he was given to someone else some other people come over to Des and the dude and start laughing just as much as the first guy.