Chapter 43: A Little Chat With....

Key:
Y/n = your name

Day two. This is the second day in absolute hell. You are still trying with all your might to break free but the handcuffs and pole are too strong despite all the rust from, presumably, years of decay. Des had brought you breakfast – just some toast – but you kicked it in his face as you don't trust anything coming from his dirty hands. Any instance in which he gets close to you, you do not hesitate to hurt him as much as you can. Punches, slaps, kicks, and scratches are all used against him to get him away, no matter how persistent he is. Maybe it's not the best idea since if Des is pushed far enough, he might snap and then it would defiantly be the end for you but at least you wouldn't go down without a fight. You look to your right and glare at Des as he stands, leaning with his forearm on a wall for support. You will never go down without a fight.

"I suppose you're still not feeling up to...even a little chat?" he says.

You growl at him and look in the complete opposite direction from him.

"Oh, don't be like that baby..." He steps closer.

"Get away from me!!" you scream.

"Why?"

"I don't want you near me!"

"Why?"

"I hate you," you hiss.

"Oh...still playing this game, huh?" Des sits next to you. "I remember when you were happy to see me, you know, when we first met."

"That was before I found out that you're insane."

"At least I'm better than the tin can."

You punch him in the side of the face with both your fists. How dare he. Des shoves you backwards.

"You know it's true!" he yells. "What has that piece of garbage ever done for you?!"

"He's made me happy! He's kept me safe! He has done a thousand times more than you will ever do!"

"I have done plenty for you!"

"Like what?!"

"I have rescued you from that thing, I have kept it at bay and now I'm trying to heal your mind."

You kick his knee. You can't believe he is still thinking that way. He sighs and gets in front of you.

"I don't care how long I have to keep you down here. You will accept the truth one way or another, and I will do anything to help you realise that," he says.

Chills shoot through your spine as so many different things pop into your head about what he's planning to do to you.

~~~~~~~~~~

You look away from him again. He tuts in disappointment and grabs something in his back pocket. You feel something poking your knee so you quickly glance at whatever that is, only to find Des has a knife in between your kneecap and shin like he's going to stab the knife in between the two to separate them.

"Why do you picture the tin can like anything other than that?" Des questions.

You keep silent at first but he then very gently pushes the knife down, already drawing some blood.

"Because he is more than that!" you yell.

"It's a robot."

"He's a robot that can feel, god dammit!" You slam your hands down.

Des sighs, shaking his head.

"Y/n, y/n, y/n....what am I going to do with you?" He moves closer. "Any of the 'emotions' that you're seeing aren't real. It's just programming gone wrong. While we were working on its reaction prompts for different situations, something glitched so it's nothing more than a malevolent machine..."