Chapter 21: The Visit

Key:
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name

"Alright! Let's go!"

Your dad walks through the workshop and towards the entrance with Bonnie following behind. This is the day. Bonnie has never really been outside, apart from the rooftop with you that one night and just outside the entrance so as soon as he steps through the glass doors and gets to the car park he feels out of place. He keeps walking with your dad towards his car.

"Hopefully you can fit in the car," he says.

He opens the passenger door to it and motions for Bonnie to get in. He hesitates at first but gets in but as soon as he sits down he has to cock his head completely to the side to fit, and even then he's still pressed up against the roof. The joys of being seven feet tall. He slides down the seat so his head can fit comfortably – at the cost of having his legs scrunched up and still having his ears squished against the roof. Your dad can't help but chuckle as he grabs the seat belt and clips it in for Bonnie. He closes the door and goes to the driver's side, managing to get in with complete ease and with complete comfort. He starts the engine and puts his own seat belt on, turning the radio on with his free hand. The car starts to move as Bonnie looks into the side mirror and at the workshop as it gets smaller, eventually disappearing as the car turns a corner.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie's attention then switches to the radio, some music channel with some song playing (you can choose what's playing ^-^). It doesn't last long there since he starts to stare out the window and everything quickly passing by. Most of it is other cars or people walking along the sidewalk; some alone, some with one other person, and some with a group. Shops and other buildings pass by. All of it is full of life. The car slows as the light goes red and Bonnie gets a better look at his surroundings. There's a park nearby with some benches and a big playground in the center, overrun with children and parents having fun. Some people are sitting on the benches – not involved with any kids or the playground in any way – but every single one has a different story with them. Some are by themselves with either their phone or a book in their hands, each has different clothing, formal or otherwise, and some are with one other person, cuddling, talking and simply enjoying each other's presence. There are some people just passing through, some immaculately formal with suitcases, some just seem casual and some... Holding hands with another person..... Bonnie looks at the playground full of kids. That's going to be his audience one day. The light goes green and the car begins to move again but Bonnie keeps staring as long as possible. As soon as that view completely leaves, Bonnie looks forward and at the sky; it's blue, with a couple of wispy clouds strewn about coupled alongside a line of birds flying across, past the sun. Definitely different from when he was on the rooftop with you as the sun was starting to rise but now it's prominently stationed high in the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie keeps staring out all the windows and everything outside is thoroughly studied. At some point in the trip, the traffic starts to get heavy and the buildings get bigger and denser. Your dad turns left, towards the hospital building. He enters the car park and dramatically slows down, leaning forward slightly to scout out a free parking space. Bonnie's just concerned about how full it is in the first place. An empty spot reveals itself behind a big car so your dad takes it and properly parks up. He turns everything off and takes his seat belt off, which Bonnie copies, the same with opening the door and hopping out. Your dad locks the car as soon as Bonnie shuts his door and then starts to walk after motioning him to follow. They get to the front entrance and even then Bonnie is getting second glances from everyone there. Not rude glances, just the sort of thing you would do when something you don't see every day walks past you. He doesn't really mind though. It is packed inside with people constantly moving around. It's not too bad since the place is huge, so you can move around somewhat comfortably without bumping into anyone. Your dad brings Bonnie to an elevator and presses a button. After a few seconds the doors open to a tiny, empty area which your dad steps into, pulling Bonnie with him. He presses floor three and the doors close. It doesn't take long until they open again but this area is almost empty, with only one or two staff members walking around. Your dad walks with Bonnie throughout the halls until he gets to a room with the number 34 on the door. He grabs a nearby chair and pushes the door open, dragging Bonnie by the arm to shove him into the room.