light of my life

Sebastian smythe had just finished school its Friday and he is glad the week is over because now he gets to see the most important person in his life his daughter.

Last year sebastian and his family had gone to France for the summer and he had met a girl there named Rachel berry and they had a holiday romance. His final night there they had lost their virginities to each other.

He had returned to Ohio and life went on until he was called into the headmasters office and walked in to find his parents sat in the office.

That day his life changed as he was told that Rachel was pregnant and that her parents had contacted his to tell them.

Her parents shelby and hiram were so ashamed that they kicked Rachel out. Given his pare ts weren't based in Ohio but his maternal grandparents were it was decided that Rachel and the baby would live with them. Sebastian would board at dalton through the week and stay at his grandparents at the weekend.

His father had paid for a tutor to home school Rachel so that she was home to look after their daughter who they had named Ava.

Sebastian arrived at his grandparents house eager to see his now six week old daughter who he loved more than anything.

He entered the school to see his daughter laid in his grandfather's arms and to see his grandfather sj looking at the little baby with su h love.

" hey grandad" sebastian said.

" hello seb...Ava is your daddy here" sj said before handing her to him sebastian kissed her forehead and looked at her taking in the sight of her. She was changing everytime he saw her she was absolutely perfect she was a mix mix of him and Rachel. She had his green eyes along with Rachel's darl long eyelashes.

" how has she been" sebastian asked.

" absolutely perfect" sj said as his grandmother lily came walking through. While his grandad was besotted with Ava and was very encouraging to him and Rachel. His grandmother was having a harder time accepting he was a dad. She wasnt nasty or mean just he knew he had disappointed her.

" hello seb" she said.

" hey grandma" he said.

" Rachel is sleeping Ava hasn't settled much today" lily said

" its because she knew her daddy was coming to see her" sebastian said.

" I'm going to call your mom I know your dad stated that if he financially supported Rachel it was on condition that you focused on school. However Rachel is exhausted it's not fair she shoulders the stress of a newborn by herself throughout the week. I'm to old to be much help and your grandfather is is recovering from lung cancer" lily said.

" lily just give it sometime soon Rachel will have Ava in routine" sj said.

" I will look after her this weekend and let Rachel rest" sebastian said worried that if she did phone his dad it might not end well.

" fine" lily said as Ava started to cry.

" she is hungry" sebastian said.

" Rachel expressed some milk" lily said sebastian nodded and headed through to the kitchen with Ava snugly laid in his arms.

He fed and burped her and then went upto his bedroom and laid on this bed holding her he couldn't believe how much he loved her.

She laid content in his arms as stressful as life was now with been a young dad he couldn't imagine life without her.

Knocking on his bedroom door

" come in" he said the door opened and there stood Rachel.