present and future

Rachel berry was at home her back was aching she was three days past her due date. Yes Rachel was pregnant at eighteen her life had completely changed.

Both her dads were at work and she had a feeling that today could be the day that Louis smythe was going to greet the world. Yes sebastian smythe was the father.

It all started about a year ago when Dave karosky had attempted to take his own life. Sebastian had felt guilty and had tried his best to make amends with the people he had wronged including her for blackmailing her.  The shock of what Dave had tried to do had made Rachel realise life is short and decided she was over finn and his going back and forth between her and Quinn.

Sebastian had approached her to apologise and given they were both feeling down sebastian asked her if she wanted to go to dalton and watch a DVD and have a glass of wine. Rachel had agreed.

They became friends and not long after more than friends though it was a secret.

Or rather it was until she arrived at the Lima bean one day to see a crowd of people stood in the parking lot and then saw sebastian and finn fighting.

Rachel demanded that they stop but ot was pretty obvious that sebastian had broken finn's nose so Rachel insisted on taking him to the hospital.

Sebastian however saw it as she chose finn over him and told her what they had was over.

Rachel was devastated she hadn't chose finn over him it was simply finn was hurt sebastian wasnt but sebastian wouldn't listen and he simply completely ignored her whenever they saw each other around.

Then the day came when she started being sick and not feeling right.

That day she discovered she was pregnant by the boy who no longer would or could look at her.

She had gone to dalton to see him to tell him when she had arrived she spotted him about to get into his car she rushed over to him.

When she said his name he ignored her she put her had on his arm to stop him getting in the car so he finally turned to look at her. She was almost scared by his expression he wasnt remotely happy to see her.

" I need to talk to you" she said.

" talk to finn" he said angrily.

" its important... please" she said.

" look Rachel you made your choice so just leave me alone" he said.

" I didnt make a choice and what I want to tell you has nothing to do with finn and it is very important" she said.

" go on then say what you so desperately want to say" he said crossing his arms.

" not here in private " she said.

" I'm busy so just say it" he snapped Rachel looked around at all the dalton boys that were in the parking lot.

" I'm pregnant" she said he went pale.

" your pregnant" he said after about a minutes silence.

" yes" she said.

He took hold of her arm and led her towards the school entrance they remained silent all the way to his dorm room.

" are you with finn" he asked the moment they were in his dorm.

" no" she said.

" he isn't going to be playing daddy to my child" he said very matter of factly.

" I know that" she snapped annoyed that all he was on about was finn.

" do your dads know" he asked she shook her head and burst into tears she was pleased that he then held her as she cried.

Now its nine months later and things are still despite her best efforts awkward with sebastian. They are  not together which makes the whole situation harder and more daunting for her.

She had gone to bed for a nap and had now woken up her dads are still at work sebastian and her friends are still at school she is on maternity leave from school.

As she gets up her back is still aching and as she reaches the top of the stairs she gets an unbelievable pain in her stomach she cradles her bump.

It seems her son might be on his way.

She slowly gets to the bottom of the stairs and goes and sits on the couch.

She wonders whether she should ring sebastian but she knows it could be a while before she had another contraction and it might be false labour.

She gets up several minutes later and starts pa I g she is feeling uncomfortable now and has being for the past few days the baby is in position it's only a matter of time.

Around first minutes after the contraction she gets another and stands holding onto the back of the couch as she tries to stay calm and breathe through it.

As she stands there someone knocks on the door.

" just a minute" she calls out unable to move until the pains goes away.

" Rachel " the voice calls back its sebastian she feels relief she isn't alone.

She moves slowly towards the door and let's him in.

" you ok" he asked given she is sweating.

" I just had s contraction" she said.

" you mean he is on his way" he asked placing his hand on her bump.

" I think so I had one around forty minutes ago but I didnt know if it was false labour but I just had another one." She said.

" let's get you to the hospital" he said.

" ok" she said sebastian moved past her and grabbed her hospital bags which had been placed by the front door several days earlier.

A few hours later and Louis smythe was born Rachel laid in her hospital bed watching sebastian holding him looking so in love with their son.

" he is perfect" sebastian said as Louis played with his fingers.

" yeah he is" Rachel said as sebastian placed him in her arms and then sat on her bed as they both sat their silently watching the precious bundle in her arms.

" makes you think doesnt it" sebastian said several minutes later.

" about the future" she asked sebastian shook his head.

" no it makes you think given how perfect he is we must be meant to be together otherwise he wouldn't be so cute" sebastian said and placed his arm around her.

Rachel couldn't stop her emotions getting the better of her.

" I'm sorry I have been such an ass" he said before kissing her forehead she turned to face him and they kissed and carried on kissing until Louis sneezed and they broke apart to marvel over him.

"  I love you" Rachel said as sebastian was watching Louis.

" I love you I live both of you" he said

Rachel laid their holding their son feeling like the present and the future wasnt going to be so daunting now that she and sebastian were back together.

The end