when she needed someone

Rachel berry was sat on her bed trying to take in what had happened earlier that day it had completely changed her life.

A few days earlier she had started to feel tired and not herself then she started falling asleep even at school and once during glee club.

Mr shue had called her dads in worried that she was over doing her vocal training and was exhausting herself.

So she didn't practice for a few days but started to feel even worse.

So two days ago her dads had taken her to see the doctor who had taken some blood and suggested she rest up for a couple of days.

So she hadn't been to school for the past two days.

Then this morning the house phone had rung and it was the doctor asking them to go to his clinic immediately.

So they had done and as she had sat inbetween her dads she was told she had cancer.

Her mind was all over the place she was scared she was also angry and wondered why now she was just two months away from graduating and going to New York.

She felt like it wasnt real she kept waiting for the phone to ring and the doctor to say it was a mistake but the phone hadn't come.

Her dads were devastated but were telling her she was going to be fine she wanted to believe them.

The doctor told her she needed chemotherapy and radiotherapy and would need plasma drops and blood transfusions.

She sat there wondering what her life was going to be like from now on as she sat there her door opened and she saw kurt and Blaine looking at her both with tears in their eyes. Clearly her dads had told them.

" oh rach" Blaine said they both ran to her and held her the three of them cried for a long time.

" your not alone we will be there everytime your in hospital anything you need if we have to bunk off school we will" Blaine said.

" when do you start treatment" kurt asked.

" in two days I had some more blood taken today they need the results back before I start chemotherapy" she said.

" do you want us to tell the glee club" kurt asked

" my dad is ringing figgins and Mr shue after school today Mr shue will tell them" she said.

After several more hugs the boys left as she was once again tired and had fallen asleep.

She woke up I was gone midnight she laid there hoping that it had all being a dream but the she looked at her nightstand and the booklets the doctor had given her were there.

Rachel wondered what the glee clubs reaction was going to be her dad Leroy told her Mr shue had burst into tears when they had told him.

The next morning Rachel wanted out of the house her dads were fussing over her checking her every ten minutes but the truth was tomorrow she would be in hospital having treatment this was her last day before her intensive treatment programme started and she didn't want to be treated like a patient.

She got up and dressed and told her dads she was going out they had pleaded with her to stay home but she was adamant that she was going out.

They did however insist she get a cab because her tiredness meant her doctor had told her not to drive and she had refused them giving her a lift.

As the cab pulled up Rachel got in and told the driver to take her to the Lima bean. Her doctor had told her when her treatment begins she would have to limit the amount of caffeine she consumed so she was determined to have a nice coffee today.