unexpected reaction

Rachel berry was twenty two and had just finished a run on Broadway in Jane Austin sings and she was ready for a break. For a chance to recharge her energy.

She had recently moved into her own apartment after living with kurt and Blaine.

She wanted her own space plus there was another reason a few months ago sebastian smythe had turned up on their doorstep asking if he could stay the night.

As it had been winter time both her and Blaine had agreed given it was cold that he could stay the night. Kurt wasnt happy about it.

A night tur ed into three weeks but sebastian then got his own place and moved out but over those three weeks he and Rachel had become friends.

They would meet for coffee or go to the movies.

Then around six weeks ago they had being to the movies and were both feeling hungry so they had gone for dinner. They had gotten a bottle of wine and had a laugh.

They ended going to his place because he had told her about a movie he thought she might like. So they went to his place he opened a bottle of wine. The movie was a Romantic comedy and whether they were simply caught up in the moment or it was the two bottles of wine they had drunk in fairly quick concession. They ended up making out before going to his bed. Though they had spent the night together nothing had happened since they had hung out as friends but nothing more.

Then yesterday Rachel having only moved into her own place last week, was still sorting out her things. Whilst bending into a box to get the last of her clothes she suddenly had felt very sickly. She stood up trying to get the nausea to pass. She wondered if she was hungry given she had gotten up that morning determined to finish sorting her things out and had completely forgotten about breakfast.

She tried to eat some toast but even chewing it made her feel sick and she ended up running to her bathroom and throwing up.

Throughout the day she kept been sick she had called Blaine to say she wouldn't be going to the lift for dinner like ge and kurt had invited her.

She wondered if she was getting sick.

She decided to gave an early night after all moving is a stressful time maybe she just needed to rest.

As she made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water incase she woke up thirsty. She walked past her calender and thTs when it hit her.

She always marked her calender when she had gotten her period but this month there was no mark because her period hadn't come.

She stood there feeling a mixture of emotions she felt stupid at not having noticed she was late then again she had been busy moving into her apartment. Then she thought of sebastian given he was the only guy she had slept with in twelve months if she was pregnant the baby was is.

So instead of getting an early night she ended up goi about to the near by pharmacy and getting three pregnancy tests and once back I  her apartment she rushed to the bathroom and several minutes later all three tests were done. She placed them on the sink counter and waited the few minutes it took for the results to come in.

She stood looking at her reflection in the mirror wondering what the outcome was going to be.

After taking a deep breath she picked up the test to see all three were positive.

She started to cry she ended up crying most of the night but they were not all sad tears.

She had to admit despite the shock the idea of becoming a mommy was exciting.

Back to this morning

Rachel had gone to the drop in clinic and had the pregnancy confirmed by  doctor. As she made her way home she messaged sebastian asking if he would come to hers.

He replied yes she felt nervous now she wondered what his reaction was going to be.

Back home she paced waiting for him as it was she wasnt waiting long and as she opened the door and saw him her emotions got the better of her and she burst into tears.

" rach" he said concerned he closed the door and pulled her to him.

" rach what's wrong" he asked still holding her.

" I'm pregnant" she said still crying.

" your  pregnant... we are having a baby" he said pulling away from her but taking both her hands in his. She nodded.

" rach that's amazing" he said before cuddling her.

" your not mad" she said surprised by how happy sebastian seemed.

" how could I be mad about my fravorite girl having my baby. Rach this is amazing your going to be an amazing mom. You know rach neither of us really had a childhood because you had your dreams and my dad had his for me. This baby is ours our lives are in our hands now. I was going to come round to see you today because I haven't stopped thinking about our night together." He said.

" you haven't" she asked.

" no I haven't rach it was amazing and not just because we did it four times but because it was with you. I love you rach and I Leeady love this little one" he said strking her tummy.

" I love you too" she admitted they smiled at each other before kissing.

" I cant believe I'm going to be a dad I cant wait to meet our little one. He or she us going to be the cutest baby ever" he said.

" it's weird when the tests I did were positive I cried but they were happy tears" she said.

" its because we are meant to have this baby." He said.

" yeah " she said.

" right let's dry your eyes and then go get ready" sebastian said she looked at him.

" I'm taking you on a date brace yourself for some serious wooing. Also maybe a little groping" he chuckled.

" honestly" she giggled.

" there is one thing I need to know though" he said with a serious expression on his face.

" what" she said.

" do you still have stamina for four times tonight" he asked and she giggled and slapped his arm.

" I thought you were going to ask me something serious" she said.

" that is serious sebby has needs  he said.

" you do realise being pregnant means I wont have stamina all the time" she said.

"Which I why I plan to spoil you so that you never get tired unless I am the reason for your exhaustion" he chuckled.

" I cant believe we are having a baby" she said once she had stopped laughing.

" neither can i" he said before holding her.

" I was worried how you were going yo react" she admitted.

" rach the idea of there being a little bit more of you and me in this world is a good thing" he said holding g her they stayed cuddling for a long time.

Rachel knew sebastian was right this baby just felt right and they were in love they might have gotten dating and the baby the wrong way round but they were happy. Rachel knew in her heart this baby was fate and she couldn't wait to be a mommy.

The end

Dedicated to

DanielleJackson379
ShannonCataldi
alex_Corney96