🎶Chapter 4🎶

Midoriya POV

As I watch the blond boy play I was amazed. His drumming skill is very impressive and I had to contain my squeal when I noticed what cover he was playing. I'm such a weeb. Apparently, he is too.

When he finished I was staring at him amazed. I can tell everyone was too. I wonder if he plays other instruments as well? I know I do.

He locks eyes with me and smirked. He got up and walked towards his seat. I can tell I was still smiling as he looks over his shoulders. He smirked before turning back around.

"Next, the third row."

I was nervous as I watch everyone play their instruments. It amazed me how all of them play with their instruments. They're so good.

Before I knew it, it was my turn.

I hesitantly got up, slowly making my way to the front as I sat on the stool.

I fidgeted my fingers with the cord as I finally connected it to my guitar. I already know what cover I want to play, Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons.

As Aizawa said, I have to make it short. I ran my fingers and tested it to see if it's the right tune for this song as I started playing.

As I played out the last chord, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked around to see everyone shocked, especially the blond spiky haired boy.

I let out a nervous laugh as I disconnect the cord from my guitar as I put it back inside the case. As I did, I heard everyone applauded, which was loud.

I was shocked because while everyone was playing they didn't have the loudest clapped so it surprised me.

I just smiled shyly at them as I sat back down at my desk, placing my guitar case beside me. As I did, I noticed that the spiky blonde haired boy was glaring at me while I was walking back to my seat. But why?

I shook my head as I listened to everybody else's play. And let me tell you, this class has some talent.

~~•~~

Everyone finally finished which took around two hours or so. Aizawa walked to the front.

"I'm going to put the results on the screen, good luck." He says as we saw the results on the screen.

It wasn't hard for me to find mines because I got in first place. I just sat there, shocked.

What? How! Everyone in this class was so much better than me! Especially the boy in front of me.

"HAH?! HOW THE HELL DID I GOT THIRD PLACE?!"

I flinched as the boy in front of me shouted, glaring at Aizawa.

"You were playing the drums aggressively. So it didn't really tone out the song you were playing. But I'm not going to lie, you were good." Aizawa says.

I looked at the third place holder to see his name, Bakugou Katsuki. Hope he doesn't mind me calling him Kacchan, it suits him.

After what Aizawa said, it just got him even madder. "THE HELL YOU MEAN?! I DID IT BETTER THAN ALL OF THESE EXTRAS! HOW COME THE SHITTY DEKU BEHIND ME GOT FIRST PLACE!" He shouted as he pointed at me.

I slumped down on my chair. Did he just call me Deku? My heart clenched, but also made me blush slightly. When people give you a nickname, does that mean they like you? You know, as a friend?

I looked up to see him staring at me with such hatred. This just made me cower. Maybe not...

"There's also another reason. I've noticed when all of you were playing your instruments, you were distracted. It was a lie when I said that someone in last place was going home. I said that because I want to see if everyone can reveal your emotion or smile at playing your instruments, knowing that you might have a chance of not passing. Instead, everyone had a distressed face. You have to have some sort of emotion as you play your instruments, that's what I wanted to also see. Some of you need some work, but you'll improve. Does everyone understand?" We all nodded as I took out my notebook and wrote down what he said as I noticed Kacchan slump on his chair, cursing under his breath as he scowled.

"Heck yeah! I'm not leaving!" A tiny human with weird purple hair says as he fist bump the air.

"Good, now everyone follow me. We're going to another room to do some challenges with your instruments to see if you can master it." He says as he headed out the door.

Everyone soon followed behind him while I took my time packing my notebook away. But before I can leave, I felt someone yanking me from behind by my hood. Again!?

I turn around to see Kacchan with his arms crossed, giving me a glare. "Listen here Shitty Deku, I was supposed to be the one in the first place cause I have better talent than you, cause you're a weakling. You're my rival now and you'll soon see not to mess with me. Got it?!" He yells, with every word he takes a step forward making me take step back, my back now pressed to the wall.

"So... we can't be friends?" I said, not caring that he just threatened me.

He let out a growl before punching the wall next to my face making me flinch. He then got close to my ear. "First warning." He whispers before pulling back as he walked out of the room.

That was kinda gay, ngl.

I can feel my ears turning red as I stood there, replaying what just happens in my head. I shook my head as I exited out the room, looking around to see my classmates across the hall, entering a room.

I quickened my pace, entering the room. I stared amazed at how big the room is and almost every instrument you need is here.

I saw Kacchan across the room, glaring at me. I just smirked at him making him shock but quickly change his expression as he glared at me, letting out a growl.

You want to be rivals Kacchan? Let's be rivals.

~~•~~