drive me crazy [ kihyun ]

Yoo Kihyun was the pride and joy of your school. How annoying. Apparently he was perfect and well you just couldn’t see it. It was incredibly infuriating, especially when you worked really hard to get the grades you do and hardly get recognition for it. 

His pencil tapped against the wood of his desk and you couldn’t help but let it annoy you. It was moments like these that you really wanted to hurt your teacher for putting him in the seat next to yours. You glanced at him, taking note of the concentration written on his face. 

Can you stop tapping, it’s really annoying.” You asked him, a scowl on your face. Kihyun turned to you with a small smile and for two seconds, you were hopefull. “Why do you think I’m doing it?” He asked and laughed at your annoyed expression. Of course he was only doing it to annoy you, like many things he has done. 

Typical.” You breathed and turned back to your science book. Kihyun laughed to himself, tapping the pencil a little more aggressivly to see how far he could push you. 

This was how your relationship with Kihyun worked. He was constantly trying to drive you crazy just to see how far he could actually get you to go. If you snapped, you’d cause a scene and get in trouble. It was his main source of entertainment.

“New assignment this week.” Your literature teacher announced, taking a seat at her desk. “Now, you and a partner will be asigned an author and form a debate regarding this author’s works.” Your teacher explained and the room broke out in a buzz. Friends were already grouping up and you looked over to your close friend, Jae-in. 

“Now everyone, don’t get too excited. I will be assigning partners.”

The whole room sighed and you swallowed the lump in your throat. You and Jae-in exchanged worried looks and you crossed your fingers. Kihyun snickered next to you and your automatic reaction was to clench your fists.

Your teacher began dividing the class in pairs and your heart pounded more and more as your name wasn’t called. Neither was Kihyun’s.  You could already put the pieces together and you were mentally jumping out of the window. 

“Y/N and Kihyun. All the bickering you two do should be put to good use. I have high expectations for the both of you.” Your teacher said and you locked eyes with Kihyun. He was gritting his teeth, he might enjoy teasing you but the last thing he wanted was to have to spend time with you outside of school. You sighed and ran your hands through your hair. This was the last thing you wanted. 

The bell rang and the class cleared out. You trailed behind, feeling hopeless. Yes, Kihyun was top of the class. But he was also incredibly annoying, so it wasn’t really worth the grade to you. Exiting the classroom, you felt a hand wrap around your arm and tug you roughly to the side. 

You looked at your attacker and groaned. “Look Kihyun, I get that I’m attractive but you don’t need to get all grabby with me.” You said sarcastically and removed his hand from your arm. “Yeah, you wish. Look I don’t want to spend any more time with you than I have too. So if you have time today, let’s get it done and prepared today.” Kihyun said and licked his lips. “Today is fine. But it can’t be at my place, my mom has people from work over.” You agreed and he rolled his eyes. 

“Fine we’ll do it at my place. Wait for me by my car after school.” He ordered and walked away. Pinching the bridge of your nose due to stress, you made your way to your next class.