prove it [ jooheon ]

He tried his best to narrow his eyes, straighten his mouth, and look angry. His mock anger was more adorable than anything, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. Instead, she was going to bite back her smile and let him try.  

“I am too!” He near-shouted, and she broke a little bit then, a small giggle escaping.

“I believe you.”

“No you don’t!”

“Jooheon” she sighed, the corners of her mouth threatening to crack. “What does it matter what I think?”

“It doesn’t” He pouted, but she was sure he thought he was looking cool and unaffected.

“Then why are you so upset?”

“I’m not upset” he nearly snarled.

“Kay. Whatever you say“she turned away, and when she knew he couldn’t see her face she let her smile out full-force across her face. He was cute. Cute and absolutely ridiculous. One little comment about just how cute and innocent she found him and he was suddenly on a mission to prove he was the exact opposite. It was his own fault, really, always showing out on TV, doing his little aegyo act to make people laugh, all smiley eyes and dimples.  She liked it, and didn’t see the harm in telling him that. She had no idea he’d be so offended.

“Are you laughing at me?”

“No” she said, but it was plain in her voice and he huffed.  Jooheon didn’t mind that people were entertained by his cute side, but that’s not exactly how he wanted her to view him. He’d been trying for months to work up the nerve to tell her that he felt something more toward her, something that brought up very carnal feelings in him. How was he supposed to proceed now that he knew she saw him this way?

“There’s nothing wrong with being cute. It was a compliment!” She shook her head, still grinning.

“I know sometimes you like to think of yourself as this intimidating badass, but that’s not you.” She continued.

“Oh?” He asked, and she detected the hint of a challenge in his voice. There was movement then, shuffling, and the static around her of an entity that had moved closer. The hairs on her body stood up.

“Do you want me to prove it?”

This time when he spoke he was right behind her, voice low and breath hot against the back of her neck. She sucked in air, almost gasping but able to suppress it.

“And how are you going to do that?” She asked, trying to retain the casual tone in her voice.

She felt one, gentle fingertip touch her lower back, and the breath on her neck got hotter.  She waited for him to speak, and the silence felt long and deafening.  That’s when she felt his lips, plump and moist on the back of her neck. This time, the gasp got out.

Jooheon wanted to smile in triumph hearing the sound escape sharp and desperate from her throat, but he had to remain neutral. He was going to prove to her that he was much more than cute.

The hand at her back gripped her hip and pulled her back into him, and in one quick motion she was against his chest, and more importantly against his growing hard-on.