You/Kara Danvers - Best Friend Part 1

Summary: You get a job at Catco where you meet the blonde. You know you have some feelings for her but don't act on them as you have a girlfriend.

AN: Suggested by SgHp124

You and Kara have been the best of friends for the past couple of months. You had been recently hired by Catco when you started hanging out with the blonde. She was someone who anyone could get along with and was just the sweetest person to be around.

You've known about your crush on Kara for the past couple of weeks. The two of you were hanging out and she was going on about something you weren't particularly attention. All you remember was panicking and excusing yourself, telling her that you had forgotten to do something. Kara had been a little upset but she let you go.

You had apologized for your strange behavior and things were back to normal between the two of you.

Although your friendship with Kara was blooming, your relationship with (gf/n) was becoming a mess. You tried setting up dates with her but she would always claim to be busy or cancel at the last minute. You never told her anything as you wanted to work things out and you knew she had such a demanding job.

Imagine your surprise when you come to find her with her hand down another girl's pants. You didn't say anything as you slammed the door behind you and rushed to Kara's. Even thought you could hear her calling your name and running after you, you ignored her and got inside a taxi to take you to her place.

You were about to knock but was surprised to find Kara already at the door and pulling you in for a hug. It was incredibly strange for her to know that you were outside her door but you don't say anything as she pulled you inside her apartment.

The next few hours, you had spent your entire time crying in Kara's shoulders. You weren't even sure why you were crying as you weren't as in love with her as before. It just destroyed you that she gone out and cheated with you after being together for months.

Morning soon came and you woke up to the sun hitting your eyes, you weren't sure where you were until you felt an arm around your waist and immediately knew whose it was. You didn't want this feeling to end and fell back asleep with her still cuddling you.

An hour passed by and you woke up to the smell of pancakes. You noticed Kara wasn't in bed and after washing you, you headed to the kitchen.

"Morning, sleepy head."

You blushed at the nickname and replied to her.

"It smells delicious."

"Thank you. This is practically the only thing I can cook and I figured you could use some pick me up food."

You thanked her and helped her finish making the pancakes.

Kara didn't push you for answers as the two of you spent the rest of the day just resting and watching movies. You paused the third movie and turned to face her.

"She cheated on me."

You blurt out making Kara choke on her popcorn. With your help, she manages to calm back down and pull you into a hug.

"I'm sorry (y/n). She didn't deserve you."

Kara spent the rest of the day trying to comfort you and it just made you realize how strong your feelings for her were. Without any warning, you turned to kiss her. Even though she was returning the kiss, you pulled back, practically tripping over yourself to step away from her.

"I'm so sorry. You deserve better than that."

You grabbed your things and rushed out of her apartment not really knowing where you were going. It took Kara a couple of seconds to realize what had happened and used her speed to meet you. You were surprised to suddenly find her in front of you and as much as you tried to move her aside, she wouldn't budge.

"No. I know you. If I don't stop you now, you'll run away for a few weeks and then come back like of nothing happened. I like you (y/n). I know you just got out of a longterm relationship but I want to make this work. I'm giving you as much time as you need to give me a chance to take you out on a date."

She gave you a small kiss and stood to the side.

"Please call me when you're ready."

You gave her a quick hug and left the city

A few weeks later, you called Kara telling her that you were ready. Within minutes, she was already knocking on your door. You couldn't help but pull her into a kiss as you opened the door to find her in her suit. She didn't even try to hide it from you and it made you giddy. You couldn't wait to see what things would lead to

—————————
Jealous Lena prompt will be posted tomorrow. Send me suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.