You/Kara Danvers - Numb

Summary: Kara is dating Mon-El.

AN: Prompt by: SgHp124

Kara and Mike had been dating a few months. It absolute sucked mainly because of how much you hated the guy. He was arrogant and didn't care about anyone but himself. Kara seemed happy with him so you never told her anything. Much less bring up your feelings for her.

Since you hated the guy, you purposely asked Kara do go out and do something when they had a date that night. It was pretty mean of you considering you kept her away from him but it was for her own good. The guy was an asshole to her so you didn't feel bad about it.

"So sorry! Mike made me late but that's not important. I'm glad I was only a few minutes late. I didn't make you wait too long, right?"

You shook your head and smiled. You had been a little earlier than the set time but you didn't mind being made to wait as long as she had come over.

"Nope. You must be starving. They just opened this restaurant up and I figured you might want to try it out."

"Of course! You know how much I love trying out new things with you."

The waitress came over and took your orders before heading back out.

"Thank you for inviting me. This already seems like it's going to be one of my favorite restaurants."

The food was soon brought over and the two of you began to eat. The plates were quite delicious and Kara absolutely loved the dessert they had. She wanted to share the dessert with you but you were too full. Since you knew that deep down she wanted it, you ordered it for her.

"(Y/n) you didn't have to. You're full already."

"I know but this is for you. I know how much you love trying out new desserts and I think you might like this one."

It had her favorite flavors and knew she wouldn't pass up on something new.

"You were right! It was quite delicious. Thank you again for inviting me."

"Like I said Kara, you don't have to thank me. What are friends for."

What you last said made your heart hurt. You knew there was no chance of anything happening between you and Kara. She depended on you and admitting your feelings to her would ruin things.

You paid for the food and took her back to her place as she said Mike was waiting for her. You didn't even bother to convince her to come to your place as you knew Mike would keep calling and texting until she would start making her way back home.

Kara had to admit that Mike wasn't the best boyfriend and she tried to avoid doing as much stuff with him as she could. She wasn't even sure why she was with him. There were plenty of other people that wouldn't treat her the way Mike did. People like you but she forced that thought away. She wouldn't go down that path. Kara had already made peace with the fact that there was no way she could admit her feelings about you. The two of you were the best of friends and she didn't want to ruin that.

Kara had been so distracted by her thoughts that she didn't notice Mike had stopped talking.

"You spend the whole day with that bitch and you can't even give me 10 minutes of your day? If I didn't know any better, I would think the two of you were dating?"

Mike stops talking when he realizes what he said.

"You're cheating on me with her?! Are you one of those freaks too?"

He had a disgusted look on and stood up from the couch.

"Absolutely disgusting. To think that I was doing you a favor by going out with you. We're over Kara. I can find someone else that isn't a dyke like you."

Kara was numb to all of this. She had blocked out what he had said the minute he started talking about you. Without any chance to make herself doubt her choice, she rushed to your apartment and knocked.

As soon as the door was opened, Kara threw her arms around your neck as she broke down. You didn't want anyone to see her like this so you walked over to the couch with her in your arms. No matter what, Kara wasn't able to explain what had happened. Whatever it was, it made her upset.

An hour later and Kara was much more calm, you had spent most of the hour running your fingers through her hair as you knew it calmed her down. Her eyes were closed but she was still awake.

"He insulted the two of us and broke up with me."

She said out of nowhere. Kara sat up and pulled her knees up to her chest while she talked. It was upsetting to see her like this.

"What he said was hurtful but I kept thinking about how much he was right. Mainly just about how we would spend so much time that we were practically dating."

You bit your lip, feeling nervous and hoping that what she would say wouldn't be the last words you hear from her.

"Tell me the truth. Tell me that I'm not crazy by thinking that you have feelings for me."

You let out a breath that you didn't even know you were holding. It was now or never. This would change everything.

"I do have feelings for you Kara but you're friendship means so much too me. I never said anything because I feared it would ruin it and I didn't want for that happen."

You sigh sadly and look away, not wanting for her to see your tears.

"I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore."

"No!"

She gently moved your head to look at her.

"Don't do that. Don't jump to conclusions."

She gives you a small smile and lets her eyes wonder to your lips. Kara always wanted to see if they were as soft as they looked.

"I have feelings for you too (y/n)"

She was right. Your lips were as soft as they looked.

————————
Send me suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character