You/Katie McGrath - Meet & Greet Part 2

Summary: Your date

Prompt by: lucyh97

"Come on, Kayla. I can't go. I've already made a fool of myself and I would rather just put this behind me. I've met her and have taken a picture with her, what else could I ask for."

Kayla crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at you. 

"You could date her. Katie is hot and so are you. I don't see what the problem is with going on this one date with her."

"BECAUSE Kayla! She could have anyone she wants and she wants to ask me out on a date? I feel like it's a big joke."

Your friend realized this was something deeper than not wanting to be embarrassed again so she just pulled you in for a hug. 

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, (y/n), but Katie asked you out on a date and she even went through the trouble of finding you on social media. I think you should go out on the date and see how it goes.  If it all goes well, I'm making you promise to let me say that I told you so in your wedding."

You rolled your eyes at her ridiculous request.

"Fine but only because I know it won't go past the first date,"

Thankfully, you had made up your mind just in time. There was a knock at your door at exactly and you just knew without looking that Katie was standing on the other side. You took a deep breath and opened the door.

Katie smiled and handed you the flowers she had gotten you.

"You look gorgeous. I um got you these. Don't judge but I might have gone through all your pictures on instagram."

"Oh wow. Thank you. You look gorgeous as well. These are lovely and I'm not. I may or may not have gone through your instagram as well."

You handed Kayla the flowers and turned to follow Katie to her car.

"Have her home by 12! Or I will call the police."

Kayla yells to Katie.

"Don't worry I will."

"God. I'm so embarrassed. I think she would say that."

"Don't be. I think it's nice that she cares about you. Now come on. I reserved us a table at my favorite restaurant."

Katie opened the door for you and soon enough drove through the city until eventually she stopped at one of those restaurants you would never even look at for the sheer fact that it looked quite expensive. You suddenly felt so under dressed compared to the rest. 

Katie notices your distress and wrapper her arm around your waist to keep you close. 

"You look perfect. Don't pay any attention to them."

The two of you were led to your table as soon as you got inside. 

You weren't sure what to order so you let her pick for you. It was a good thing you lived in a county that allowed you to drink at 18 so Katie had also ordered her favorite drink to share with you. 

The date had been perfect. Katie was very attentive and seemed to genuinely care for everything that you had talked about. She also answered everything that you asked of her and there wasn't a single awkward moment in the date. Everything about the dinner was perfect and it was exactly how you would picture your date with Katie. 

She paid for the dinner and the two of you headed out. 

"I know just the perfect way to end this date."

You said as Katie got inside the car. 

"Really? Well what were you thinking?"

"It's a surprise just follow my directions."