You/Alex Danvers - Dog

Summary: You try to convince her to it would be a good idea to get a dog

"Babe, come on. Don't you want to get a dog? Think of all the fun things we could do with them. Go out to the park, take a bunch of adorable pictures of them. Teach them new tricks."

"I already do that with you!"

You frowned and playfully hit her arm.

"I'm not a dog, Alexandra Danvers."

"Could have fooled me."

She mumbled.

"Look, (y/n). I have an important training session with Kara today but when we come back. We'll talk about getting dog, okay."

You sigh as she walks over to kiss you.

"Okay, not like I have a choice."

She leaves and that's when you realize that training was the perfect opportunity. Kara loved dogs and you were sure with her help, you could convince Alex to adopt on so you texted her about you thinking about getting a dog with Alex and let things run their course.

"Alex! Is it true?"

Kara rushed over to Alex when she saw her come in.

"Is what true?"

"You know about the whole dog thing."

Alex frowned when she heard what had come out of Kara's mouth. She couldn't believe that you had brought Kara in. You obviously knew that it was nearly impossible for Alex to say no to Kara so you hoped she could get her to change her mind. Alex couldn't help but smile as she thought about how clever you were for bringing in the big guns.

"I told, (y/n), that we would talk about it. Not that we would be getting a dog. It is a big responsibility."

Kara pouted. Not liking the fact that she couldn't spoil the fur ball.

"Alex. Come onn. You've always said you wanted a dog and this is the perfect opportunity to get one. Your girlfriend wants to get one with you. It's a good sign."

"The same girlfriend that is hardly ever at home as well as me. The dog will be alone most of the day and I don't want that for them. They need love and attention."

"I'm sure the dog will get it. Plus knowing, (y/n), she'll cut back her hours on the job. She says that she only works late nights because she hates coming home to an empty house."

Kara's eyes widened when she realized what she said. You had told her in confidence after she had found you in your office near 4AM.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing! You should get a dog and that's all I'm going to say."

Alex sighed as she saw Kara rushed off and so she decided to go deal with other things until it was time to head back home.

"So, Kara told me something interesting today"

The two of you were finally in bed after a long day. As usual, she was the big spoon today.

"Did she finally ask out Lena?"

Alex frowned. Not expecting to hear that at all.

"Wait what?" You were getting ready to explain yourself but she stopped you. "No wait. That can wait. But what I wanted to say is that Kara told me the reason why you've been staying longer hours at your office."

You sigh, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because it's your job Alex. You have weird hours and I can't keep you back or take you away from your job. Lives are at stake."

"Someone else can take over for me. You're also important to me."

"But what about.."

"No. I had no idea my late hours were affecting you but that is going to change."

There was no point in arguing wit her. Once Alex set her mind to it. There was no changing it.

"So does that mean we'll be getting a dog."

"Only if we get to name her Gertrude."

You scowled at the name but figured you should compromise after she had done the same.

"Gertrude it is."

The next morning, both you and Alex headed to the local shelter to pick out one of the dogs.

"Kara? What are you doing here?"

"Did you really think I was going to let you both come in here and name one of the dogs, Gertrude. Thank Rao, that they already have a name."

A few hours later, you, Alex , and Gertrude came home.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Saskia De Merindol

Katie McGrath

Kara Danvers

Lena Luthor/Kara and Alex Danvers

Earth-X Kara Danvers

Saskia De Merindol

Natasha Romanoff - Part 2

Chloe Decker

Eva Zambrano

Angelina Jolie

Wanda Maximoff - Part 2

Kara Danvers

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!