You/Mariska Hargitay - Unrequited Love?

Summary: The two of you are dumb enough not to tell each other how you feel. 

Prompt by: drunkenirishbrawl

Being Stephanie's best friend, had it's benefits. She would introduce you to a bunch of interesting people and you loved it. It gave you a chance to see and know what was out there. Your life was never boring especially when Stephanie ended up getting the role for Law and Order: SVU. That's where she introduce you to Mariska. One look at her and you had fallen in love. She was perfect in every way and you just couldn't get enough of her. You acted like a love-struck teenager and because of it, Stephanie would always tease you about it. 

Mariska had been in the same position as you. Ever since she met you, she could not stop gushing about how cute, adorable and beautiful you were. It annoyed Stephanie to no end and yet amused her at the same time. 

After learning that the two of them liked each other, Stephanie tried to get the other to reveal their feelings for one another but nobody wanted to do it. The two of you were too scared of being rejected that you both preferred to just stay friends than take the risk. Stephanie tried to be as subtle as she could to reveal to the other that you liked each other but nothing work. 

You and Mariska had become good friends but as the years went by, you slowly distanced yourself from you until eventually the two of you had gone back to being acquaintances. It crushed you when. you found out that Mariska ended up marrying someone and since then you haven't spoken to her. 

It's the 20th season of SVU and you had come on set to congratulate them on another season. 

One minute, you're making your way to the cafeteria area and the next you're being pulled inside a supply closet, only to find out that Mariska had been the one to pull you one. 

"Mariska, what are you doing?"

"This is the only way I could get you to talk."

"Talk about what? There's nothing for us to talk about."

"Exactly! Why did you just suddenly push me away? Did I do something wrong?"

You watched as she broke down in front of you. You wanted to keep it from her but seeing the tears fall down her cheeks, broke you as well. 

"No. You didn't. It was me. I was the one who fucked things ups."

You sigh, running your fingers through you hair as you tried to think of what to tell her.

"I'm in love with you. Head over heels in love with you and I couldn't just stay friends with you. When I actually wanted to open up to you, you had come to tell me that you had ended up marrying Peter and I couldn't take it. I was glad that you found your happiness and I wasn't going to get in the way."

Mariska had no idea what to say. She hadn't expected for you to spill out your feelings. 

"I guess since we're telling the truth then I should tell you mine. I only married Peter because I was in love with someone too but I knew it wasn't going to work out."

"I'm sorry, Mariska."

She gives you a smile.

"Don't be. You didn't do anything."

The two of you spent the rest of the day together and eventually headed home. You're about to fall asleep when you get a notification from Mariska.

Your eyes widen when you read her message.

'It was you. I was in love with you and I didn't know that you were in love with me. I'm divorcing Peter because I could never get over you and I realized that my feelings for you were far greater than anything I had ever experienced.'

When Stephanie saw the news articles of the two of you going out on a day, she couldn't help but grin. She was going to have so much fun with this. 

X

"So! You told us that you both wanted to tell something to the viewers. What was it?"

Ellen asked with a bright smile as she encouraged the two of you to speak up.

The two of you looked at each other and sighed as you both pulled out a card that Stephanie had written for you to say.

"We're both big idiots for not seeing the signs. Had we actually revealed how we felt for each other then we wouldn't have waited years to be able to date each other. Stephanie is a genius for trying to get us together and we have to thank her for her efforts to get us together."

You both said in unison.

You were both going to kill her as soon as you got off the set. 

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Lena Luthor/ Alex and Kara Danvers - Part 3

Daenerys Targaryen

Daenerys Targaryen - Part 2

Daenerys Targaryen - Part 3

Daenerys Targaryen - Part 4

Cara Delevingne

Josie Saltzman

Lena Luthor - Part 3

Cara Delevingne

Lena Luthor - Part 2

Nore West Allen

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!