You/Kara Danvers - Goof

Summary: The two of you save a kid.

AN: Prompt by: SgHp124

Kara had invited you for a walk in the park. With the two of you having busy jobs, you could hardly hang out together. So you didn't hesitate to agree to meet up with her.

Since you were heading out early to meet her, you stopped by the coffee shop and bought the two of you some hot chocolate. The cold season was just beginning and neither of you particularly liked coffee so hot chocolate was the next best choice.

"Is that for?!"

You hear her voice from behind. You turned around to see her practically rushing over to you.

"Nice to know that you only care about the chocolate."

She blushes brightly and gives you a tight hug.

"You know I love you and the fact that you bring me hot chocolate."

"Sure. You're just trying to make it up to me for hurting my feelings."

She stares at you for a couple of seconds trying to figure out whether you were kidding or not.

"You're so mean!"

You can't help but laugh and hand her the chocolate before it got cold.

"Come on. Walking will help deal with the cold."

The park was pretty empty so it was quiet. Most of what people would hear would be the laughs and voices of the two of you. It came as a surprise to you when you spotting a child near the entrance of the park. You left Kara talking by herself and walked over to the kid.

"Hey, sweetie. Are you lost? Where's your mommy?"
No response

"My name is (y/n) and my friend here is called Kara. What's yours?"

The little kid could barely talk as he kept on crying. You turned around to ask Kara for help but she just stood there and watched while you tried calming him down.

"Kara!"

"W-what? Oh. I'm sorry. What's wrong is he lost?"

"I believe so. Can you try to look for an officer? I'll try to calm him down to see if he knows the name of his mother."

She simply nodded and rushed towards the direction of the nearest officer. You kept talking to the kid, trying to get him to calm down while you waited for Kara. By the time she had returned, you were hugging him and telling him that everything was going to be fine.

You waited with the officer until you were sure that the kid felt comfortable with her to find his mom. You watched them walk away and turned to find Kara giving you a strange look.

"Shoot. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you late for work. Lets go before Snapper gets amd at you."

"Oh please. Don't apologize you were only trying to help him. Which was very nice of you."

"I'm sure there were others that would do the same. Now come on. We gotta go or Lena is gonna ban me from taking you out for lunch."

You took her hand and led her back to Catco.

"I'll see you later. Let me know if they get mad at you. Bye Kara."

With a quick hug, you left as she walked inside. You rushed to your office and forgot all about what had happened. You were quite exhausted when you got home but panicked when you noticed the figure in the dark.

"Kara? What are you doing? Why isn't the light on?"

You turned the light on in the living room but she made no move to turn to face you.

"Kara? Sweetie? What's wrong?"

She didn't snap out of it until you waved your hand in front of her.

"Go to dinner with me?"

"That sounds great. What are you in the mood for?"

"I meant like in a date. I would like to take you out to dinner for a date."

This had come out of nowhere. Kara had never even showed any interest on you.

"I'm not saying that I won't go out with you but I'm just curious as to why all of the sudden you're asking me out."

"Watching you take care of that little boy made my feelings come out. I knew deep down that I had more than platonic feelings towards you but I figured it was just a best friend kind of thing. I know it's too soon but I pictured us with a family together and I really liked that."

You smiled, thinking of the picture you formed in your mind.

"I would love to go out on a date with you, Kara."

Kara didn't waste anytime on pulling you in for a quick kiss.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't wait for our date."

"That's quite alright. Guess we'll skip out on the first date kiss."

She whined and shook her head.

"You're not really going to do that, right?"

"Of course not, you big goof. I've been thinking of kissing you for the past few minutes but I'm waiting to be blown away for our first date."

"I'll be sure to surprise you then. I really want to kiss you too."

The two of you might have cheated and ended up kissing an hour later, possibly even going further than a kiss.

————————-
Send me suggestions. Will do any female character and celebrity.