You/Alex Morgan - Ashamed

Summary: You break up with her

Prompt by: BloodyLines 

You watched as Alex got ready for practice, not understanding why she was getting ready when you knew that practice had been cancelled. 

"Where are you going?"

"I'm heading to practice with the others. Coach might have canceled but you know how serious we take our games."

She walked over to you, leaning in to give you a soft kiss. 

"I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah. Just send me a message if you'll be able to come home for dinner."

"I will!"

Alex yells over her shoulder as she leaves her apartment that she shared with you. 

You sighed as you watched her drive off. It stung that she had blatantly lied to your face about practice. The fact that she even confirmed it was even worse. You had been invited by the other girls on the team to come over to a party they were going to host. Everyone that was everyone was going to be there. They had practically begged you to leave work to come over and you just told them that you couldn't get away. You knew that Alex had told them about not being able to come and it hurt. She clearly didn't want you at this party. Add that to the times she didn't take you somewhere because it was a public event. 

You stayed in bed for the rest of the day, not really having any energy to do anything. You had been thinking about breaking up with her for the longest time and you had made a promise to yourself that if she had done it again then you were going to leave her. A week later and she had done the same thing. It was time. You had to break things off. Alex was clearly ashamed of being in a relationship. and you just couldn't be with someone that would hide you from the public. This felt as if you were back in high school and dating the daughter of the priest. You could understand that she was scared but she had teammates in the same position as her. There was practically no reason for her to continue hiding your relationship. 

After struggling internally for the longest time, you stood up and began packing your clothes. It wasn't much but it was enough to take up a while. 

As soon as you zipped up your luggage, Alex had come through the door. She had gotten worried over the fact that you wouldn't answer her calls or messages and had come to check if you were alright. Her stomach dropped at the sight of your packed up things. 

"What's going on?"

You sigh and turn around to face her. It took everything in you not to break down in front of her and it was a miracle that you didn't.

"I think it's time we broke up Alex. We've been dating for almost a year and I can't do this anymore. I can't deal with all the hiding."

You kept it short and simple. Any longer and you were for sure going to end up breaking down in front of her. 

"Hiding? I'm not hiding. All my teammates know about you. My friends and family knows about you. Who would I be hiding from."

The look you gave her, made her realize that it wasn't about that.

"Wait, is this about the party?"

"No. This is not about the party Alex. I couldn't care less about it."

"Then what is it about? I-I could fix it. I love you (y/n). I was planning on marrying you."

Alex had been planning on proposing. Going as far as getting a ring and setting a date. She couldn't lose you. She knew that hiding you from the world was stupid. She didn't care about the opinions of others but she knew that it hurt you, every time she didn't bring you to a public event. Alex was just scared about the fact that some people were extremely against same-sex relationships and how it would affect her career. 

You stared at her for the longest time. You could tell that Alex was getting desperate. So far as to even mentioning about marrying you. Any other time and you would have stayed but not this time. Alex was going to continue hiding you and you couldn't be with someone that denied the existence of your relationship.

"I c-can't do this Alex. Not if you'll continue hiding from the world. I've supported you for the longest time and it's draining not having someone that doesn't do the same for me. I need to take care of myself first."

You didn't say anything else as you grabbed your things and made your way over to the car. Alex still hadn't moved from the spot you left her at and you could tell she was crying. You forced yourself to stay inside the car and pulled out of the driveway, not daring to look back at her. This was for your own good. 

Alex broke down as she stopped hearing your car. You were gone and she knew that she had fucked up. 

She pulled out her phone and dialed the last person she had called.

"S-she broke up with me."

"I'm on my way Alex. We'll fix this."

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Angelina Jolie

Lena Luthor/Kara Danvers

Cat Grant

Lena Luthor

Angelina Jolie

Scarlett Johanson

Waiting on Person 

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!