💻 51

AUTHOR

AUTHOR

Time rewind a little bit—

To the moment where Jungkook was left stuck inside his station, worried sick about Y/N as he went back home with some drunk red-haired male, perverted asshole.

He kept glancing over his phone dead skin, unlocking it once in a while, to receive no message from Y/N.

He looked over the ticking watch on his desk, contemplating whether to call her or not because it was already too late.

"Damnit." He unlocked his phone once again and immediately dialed number one.

"Pick it up, please. Pick it up!—" He murmured to himself nervously.

"Hello?" Her soothing voice calmed his erratic heartbeat down.

"Have you already arrived home safely? Did that drunk man bother you? Do you need any help—"

"I'm fine, Jungkook." She sighed in defeat.

"I was just about going to sleep." She yawned and Jungkook could already imagine how cute she was in her pajamas.

"Oh— okay... sorry to bother you." He replied, his fist was busy knocking the table, a habit he had when he felt nervous.

"I—"

"Good night, Kook." She suddenly cut in the conversation as well as the call.

Jungkook lowered his phone, staring at it in disappointment until a loud thud caught his attention. He turned his head toward the restroom.

Wait a minute... as far as he remembered, Chief Namjoon went there and never actually returned. He hurriedly stood up and storming toward the noise.

When he arrived in front of the small sized room, his eyes widened in shock. There was Namjoon and his bloody fist stood in front of the sink with the broken mirror.

"Hyung— I mean Chief! What's going on?!" He marched inside without thinking twice, watching how his chief's face turning pale as time passed by.

"Get out, Officer Jeon." Namjoon murmured between his gritted teeth.

But the younger was stubborn. "No, Chief, let me at least treat this wound—"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" Namjoon screamed with a tear rolled down to his cheek.

If Namjoon was in his usual grumpy self, Jungkook would already squirm in fear, marching outside like a coward. But the man he saw right at that moment was broken, his eyes were empty as if the life had been sucked out of his body. Jungkook clearly saw how Namjoon was trying hard not to break down in front of him.

"I don't know what's going on with you, Chief. You don't have to tell me either. But this..." He grabbed the older's hand forcefully, earning a hiss from him.