P.S I Love You

I just got home from school. I'm a senior and these past few weeks have been nothing but stressful. I walked through the door and apparently my boyfriend heard the door slam shut because he raced down the stairs to greet me. "Hello, gorgeous." I weakly smiled at him. 

"Hey, Danny." He went to go kiss me and I turned my head so his lips hit my cheek. He pulled away and gave me a weird look.

 "Babe, what's going on?" I let out a sigh.

 "Nothing. It's just classes are really stressful and with me trying to decide what college to go to and what I want to do with the rest of my life, I just have no room to breathe." Daniel put his hands on my shoulders.

 "Y/N, look at me. You are so strong and smart and beautiful. You'll figure everything out. You just gotta relax." I looked up at his and nodded. 

"Yeah, yeah. You're right. I just need some time to relax." Daniel smiled at me. 

"And I know just how to do it." He smiled and grabbed my hand. He dragged me up the stairs into the bedroom we shared and pushed me on the bed. I laughed.

 "This isn't exactly what I meant." Daniel chuckled at my reaction. 

"I know, baby. Just lay down." I slid off my shoes and slid underneath the sheets. Daniel ran around to the other side of the bed and joined me. He pulled me close to him. I closed my eyes slowly, taking in the moment.

"This is perfect. Thank you."

"Anytime beautiful. I'll be here when you wake up. And maybe when you wake up, and aren't as stressed, we can do the other thing to maybe help you relax a little more." I let out a loud laugh. "I just want you to relax as much as possible." He started to laugh with me. When the laughter died down, I moved even closer to him. He must have thought I was asleep, because he whispered something to me. "I love you, beautiful." I was shocked. We have never said those three words to each other. 

"I love you too." From the silence, I could tell he was smiling. He kissed me on the forehead and we both drifted off into a deep slumber.