Shut up

Are you ready?" My boyfriend asked, watching as I placed a jacket on over my outfit. It was one in the morning and for some stupid reason, the two of us had agreed to pick up his little sister from a party she was going too. Allowing the other members of the family to sleep.

"Hm." I mumbled in response, looking down at my leggings and my hoodie. I was going to wear my pyjamas but Daniel said that I couldn't go out to a party looking like that, so I changed into something equally as ratchet but more presentable. The two of us left the house, walking towards the car. I was so incredibly tired, but I didn't want to stay alone at the Seavey household if everyone was asleep and Dan was out picking up Anna.

Daniel pulled out of the driveway and began driving towards the address that Anna had sent us. It was a houseparty she was attending, but we knew that she wouldn't be reckless like many people her age. She also knew many people who were going to be there so we knew that she would be in relatively safe hands. And we trust her.

"Why did we agree to this?" Daniel asked me as we stopped at a stop light. He grabbed my left hand in his right, turning to look at me. I shrugged in response, no energy in my body at all to actually reply. He simply laughed at my energy - or lack of it - and began driving again.

Soon enough we pulled up down the street from where the house was. We could hear the music from all the way down here, see the flashing lights and also see a bunch of people outside. Daniel turned the car off and got his phone out to text Anna.

"Okay so that's a lot more people than I was expecting." Daniel mumbled to himself but I completely agreed. We both sat there in silence, waiting for Anna to reply to his text or walk towards the car but she didn't.

"Can you text her?" Daniel asked me. "Maybe she didn't get my text." I nodded my head in reply, unlocking my phone so I could send her a quick text. But once again we had no reply.

"I'm just gonna go in and find her." I said unbuckling myself, it was gonna be so much more easier.

"No, (Y/N), don't bother." Daniel said trying to stop me.

"I will literally be two minutes." I said opening the car door. "I'll text you if I need anything." He nodded his head in reply and I shut the car door, walking towards the house. I could already smell the booze and I wasn't even near the house yet.

I rolled my eyes, shoving past a bunch of drunk people in the front garden. Oh how I did not miss house parties at all. I walked inside the house and couldn't see Anna from where I was so I decided to walk around. This house is a lot bigger on the inside than it looks. I walked into the 'dancing' area but still couldn't find her, being shoved left right and centre by people who didn't even batter an eyelid in my direction. I decided to walk into the kitchen area, but there were two big boys in my way.

"Excuse me!" I said to them, trying to talk over their music. Thankfully, they were nice enough kids to move out of my way. I thanked them and looked around too see Anna surrounded by three girls. I walked over and when I was close enough I could finally hear what they were saying, and Anna looked absolutely mortified.

"You think you're famous because your brother is." One of the girls said to her. They were all in her face and I wasn't going to tolerate it. "Why did you think we invited you to this party? Because of who your brother is. Face it, Anna, you're a nobody and no one likes you."

"You're fat and ugly." Another girl said. "No one likes you and no one cares about you."

"Ergh can someone just get her out of my house!" The final girl said. "It's gonna smell like homeless people in here." Okay now I'm pissed.

"Oi!" I yelled walking over to the three girls. They all turned to look at me, looking at me like I was shit, arms crossed over their chests.

"Who are you?" The 'main' girl asked.

"What's it to you?" I replied before turning to Anna. "C'mon, Anna, let's go home."

"Oh so you're another skank then." One of the girls said making the two others laugh.

"I'm the skank?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, staring at all three of them. "Wow middle school comebacks, how original. You said all those horrible things to Anna, about how no one cares but oh look here I am and I care about her. She is loved by so many people and shouldn't be surrounded by idiots like you, she's not fat, she's not ugly, and she's a thousand percent of a better human being than all three of you put together."

"(Y/N)." Anna mumbled coming to stand next to me.

"You'd rather be friends with a bunch of people who are incredibly fake. You've lost out on a great friend here, so that sucks for you." I said linking my arm with Anna's. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna leave with Anna now and if I find out from her that you lot are saying all these rude things about her you will have me to deal with. And I won't be as nice as I have been now. So have a nice life and hopefully don't get your drink spiked. Goodbye."

All three of the girls stood there in silence, not knowing what to say to me. I simply smiled and walked out of the house with Anna by my side. When we finally got out of the house that's when she spoke up.

"Thank you for saying all those things about me." She smiled at me. I smiled back at her.

"Don't listen to them. None of it is true. I hope you know that." I said. "How long have they been rude to you?"

"Like two weeks." She replied. "I don't have the guts to say anything but you did so, hopefully they'll leave me alone."

"They better." I said opening her car door so she could get in. I walked to the passenger side and got in the car smiling at Daniel.

"How was the party?" He asked beginning to drive away.

"Eventful." Anna simply replied.

"You'll not believe what I overheard some girls saying to Anna." I said later that evening - or well morning. Daniel and I were finally back in his room and I was stood in the bathroom talking to him as I got ready for bed.

"What?" He asked from the bedroom.

"Just some really horrible things." I sighed. "Calling her fat, and ugly and saying how no one cares about her."

"What?" He asked again, his voice a lot more serious. "I'm gonna go speak to Anna." Okay now he's pissed.

"No don't." I said, running out of the bathroom. I stood in front of him as he made his way to the door. "I'm sure she doesn't want the attention. Besides I may have said a few things to the girls myself."

"What did you say?" He asked.

"Oh you know - she's not fat or ugly, she has people who love her. She's not fake, she's an amazing person, she's better human being than all of them combined. I could've said more because they called me a skank but at least I wasn't dressed with my tits out."

"You said all this?"

"I did." I replied. "Look I know it wasn't the best thing to say and I'm sure I embarrassed Anna, and maybe have made it worse for her. I shouldn't have given them the attention but I was just really pissed off and -"

"Oh for fucks sake can you please shut your mouth so that I can tell you I love you!" Daniel said taking me aback. He grabbed my face with his hands and my jaw dropped in surprise. We've never said I love you to one another before. I was taken further aback when he kissed me, deep and meaningful. Not like our many kisses we've had before.

"Did you just?" I asked when we finally pulled away from one another. Our foreheads were rested on one another.

"Yeah I did." He smiled. "I love you, (Y/N). I have for a while but tonight just topped it all off for me. You stood up for my sister, you get along so well with my family and I just really love you."

"And I love you, Dan." I whispered, kissing him quick again.