worst comes to worst |2|

"Y/N? Y/N...Y/N", Zach yelled as you sat on the corner of the couch with puffy eyes and messy hair. Christina and Gabbie had gone to get food to take your mind off of things, but nothing could take your mind off of what was probably happening.

You finally looked up, "Hm?"

"Are you okay", he asked. He knew you weren't but it just felt more cordial for him to ask.

"My boyfriend is probably being damn near beaten to death, mercied by the fact that you guys have careers. I'm fine Zach, if that's what you wanted to hear", you sent him a forced smile.

He shook his head, tapping away on his phone for a few seconds before you heard the familiar facetime ring. Whoever was on the other line picked up immediately, "Yo", Zach spoke as the other person seemed to be panting, followed by the sound of car doors slamming.

"What's up", Daniel's voice filled your ear, you tried to keep yourself from smiling.

"Y/N", Zach handed the phone to you, your eyes going wide as you shook your head. Regardless, the phone was shoved into your hands.

"H-hey", you spoke as you began walking up the stairs to Daniel's room.

"What's up, doll", he asked as he sat in the back of the boy's car.

"I-I don't...did you guys hurt him?"

Your heard several laughs from the phone, including Daniel's. "If we didn't that'd mean we failed our mission", Daniel chuckled, but you didn't find it funny in the slightest.

"Daniel, he's my damn boyfriend! I-I can't go back to that", you felt tears threatening to spill at the brims of your eyes.

"You intentions were to go back to that motherfucker, Y/N? You have everyone, as in your true friends, fucked up if that's the case. I can't believe you! You would rather go back to someone who doesn't give a shit about you, someone who had intentions of hitting you, than someone who actually gives a flying fuck about you and would never lay a damn hand on you", Daniel let out a dry laugh as several tears fell down your face, "People care about you and this is what you're gonna do with that, go to someone who could care less?!"

"Stop it, Daniel! Fuck, you don't get it. You've never been in love", you tried not to sob but it just came out.

"I've never been in love", he let out another cold laugh, "I'm sorry, I have to go. Sorry for sticking up for the person I love", he shook his head. You tried to say something but he hung up, leaving you alone.

You stared at the bulletin board on his wall with little notes and pictures, one being a Polaroid of you and Daniel cuddling on New Year's Eve the year before you met Griffin. In the blank space, in his writing, their read 'Lovie <3'. You felt more tears fall down your face, slowly lulling yourself to sleep.

"I don't know what I'm gonna tell her, I'm just gonna go to bed", Daniel voiced before walking up the stairs and entering the room. He tore his shirt off and put on some sweatpants before climbing in next to you, hesitant at first but eventually wrapping his arms around your waist.

It was silent, Daniel's eyes shut but not sleeping. "How bad did you guys hurt him", you spoke, having been awake since he got home.

Without missing a beat, "A few bruises here and there, most likely a broken nose", he said casually.

You shook your head, "I-I....fuck Daniel, why? You didn't have to do any of that! I'm not saying that I wouldn't want that fucker to get what he deserves but, it wasn't your fight", you turned to face him, only being inches away from each other.

"A fight for the people I love, I don't know why you were so surprised", he chuckled as your eyes finally adjusted properly.

"Fuck", you caressed his face as you noticed his black eye, "Danny", you sat up and turned on his pixie lights to see better. Today had been so emotionally draining, you felt like crying at the sight of his shiner.

"Hey, hey, hey", he grabbed your face, bringing you to look at him, "Why are you crying? That's the only punch they got in, I swear", he spoke softly with a smirk.

"They", your eyes went wide.

"I guess he figured you would go to us first, he had a couple of buddies over", he shrugged, "But the boys and I took care of it, Y/N. Nothing to worry about love", he whispered.

You nodded, staring at him for a few seconds before slowly leaning in. He followed suit, his eyes shutting. You felt contact for a millisecond before the blue and red lights bounced onto the wall and the wailing of the sirens stopped right outside the house.

Fuck.