Stick Together

I watched as the little kids ran around the small playground area that had to be at least twenty five years old. My group was a tiny group of eight girls all between the ages of 7 and 10. They were a sweet bunch of children and almost always listened to me, even when I told them that it was too late for them to be staying up at night. I listened as the blow horn went off that signaled for the all groups to switch activities.

A few girls ran over to me, "(y/n) where do we go next?"

I smiled down at the children as they looked for an answer from me so that they could head off to the next activity for the day. It was the first day of the new session which meant that activities were still being declared and explained, so they hadn't memorized where to go next, "the next activity is the pool with the cabin next door to ours"

They all cheered, always enjoying their time at the pool since it was very large and always fun for kids to splash around in. I giggled as the group of girls began to run off towards the large locker room area that had recently been cleaned, thankfully. My feet couldn't keep up with their little ones as I followed them into the locker room, trying to be sure that they were going to be safe in there. The girls all had their bags of swimsuits ready and already started going into the stalls to change.

After most of the girls had changed, I quickly reminded that they were not to leave without my being with them and then stepped into the stall to change into my swim wear. Being a counselor at this camp meant that I must have CPR and lifeguard training because despite the fact that there was a full time lifeguard, they liked to be cautious and knew that I would have to keep an eye on my girls. I changed into a blue bikini that I had bought last summer and then threw my white counselor shirt on top. The girls all gathered around, waiting for me to be finished and when I signaled we were ready to exit the locker room and find the pool.

The other group was already out there and as the girls fooled around whilst getting in front, I took careful notice to the new lifeguard this year. His hair was a light brown shade and perfectly done up and he had the most adorable tooth gap that made him stand out in the group of lifeguards that had worked here over the years. his abs showed through his white tank top and i couldn't help but flash the adorable boy a smile.

I watched as the cute lifeguard sent me a smile, "alright is everyone here?" the two groups of girls agreed and he smiled, "i'm daniel and i'm the lifeguard here this year. Before I let you guys go in, there are a couple rules to keep you guys safe"

My mind dazed from his voice as he recited the same rules that applied every year, but he had to say them. I admired his name. daniel. it was sweet, and although common, it wasn't overly popular. it was adorable.

suddenly, i heard cheering and watched as the girls started getting in the pool. the other counselor started to laugh as daniel and i joined, "i'm hannah"

the other counselor introduced before i smiled and introduced myself, "i'm (y/n)"

"it's nice to meet you both"

My girls were all sitting at the table with their food when I went up to fetch my own food from the buffet. There were an array of ok options as I picked out a few different things and I hear someone start talking next to me.

"hopefully the food has gotten better over the years" I turned to see Daniel, the extremely attractive lifeguard.

"not by much" i admit sheepishly to the tall boy, "you went to camp here?"

"the amount of summers i spent here is kinda crazy" he laughs, scooping some 'stew' onto his plate, "had to take a couple years off for touring and such, but found some time to come back this year"