Fall

I slid forward, my body falling backward as my feet glided onto the ice. Luckily, my hands restored my balance, gripping onto the tiny railing along the wall that helped me regain confidence. My eyes gazed towards Zach, who'd easily skated forward onto the ice and away from the wall.

Giggles left my mouth as Jack struggled to gain his balance, his body wiggling around before his arms stabilized him while he stood beside Zach. Jonah had absolutely no problem with any of this, as he grew up in the very cold town of Stillwater, Minnesota and learned the basics of ice skating at a young age.

Beside me, Daniel skated carefully, able to remove his body from the wall and skate next to me. However, I grew up being an athlete when I was young, and although you think that might help in a situation like this, i had grown into extremely weak ankles that had gone through their course of sprains and breaks and tears. Ice skating was heavily dependent on balance and i had close to none.

My finger tips pried at the wall as i skated with one ankle primarily. It pushed off of the ice while i glided with my stronger one, trying to gain some balance.

More laughs came from next to me when Daniel looked at me and i glared, "shut up, dani," he shook his head taking my hand in his and beginning to move away from the wall, "dani, dani, stop"

my body clutched onto his arm as he pushed us away from the wall and helped me stand up straight. Laughs escaped his lips as he came behind me, placing his arms on my hips and guiding me forward, "first of all, you need to use both legs to push off. it will be ten times easier"

"i have no balance, daniel. i can't just use both of my ankles, i'll fall," i explain.

"do you have no trust in me?" He questions and I think about for a second, which makes him play around with me, "hey!"

"what if i fall?" i whine.

"i'm standing right behind you, y/n. if you're falling, i'm either catching you or going down with you," Daniel explains and I playfully roll my eyes at my friend, "alright, so when you feel you're gonna fall, bend your knees"

Almost automatically, i bent my knees, which made Danny giggle. His hands stayed planted on waist, pushing my body forward to skate. My knees were completely bent the entire time and as i went to push off of my other ankle, my body fell backwards, nearly knocking over Daniel. He laughed, and took a second to regain each of our balances.

Zach skated up next to us, laughing at how i was practically attached to Daniel now. My arms were wrapped around his torso, hugging him to maintain my balance, "getting a little cozy there?"

"shut up zach." i quickly shut the rosy cheeked boy down but he shook his head, skating away towards his favorite boyfriend jack. if they were going to make fun of me and daniel for being close, then i'm gonna make fun of jachary (which is 110% real).

Daniel giggled at what i had said to his band mate, trying to pry me off of him and balance me on the ice as if he was going to legitimately teach me how to skate.

"dani, i'm going to fall."

"you keep saying that, but have you fallen yet?" He questions and i look at him.

Suddenly, he takes my hand in his and starts skating forward. My body wiggled as i screeched, trying to keep up with him and not fall on my ass, "DANI DANI DANIEL SEAVEY DANIEL I SWEAR TO GOD DANI"

he laughed and then jack skated by, mocking me, "dani dani dani, oh my gosh save it"

"can it, avery" I glared, but he shook his head, continuing on.

"here, y/n, i got you." he mocked daniel now his voice dropping low to mock a boy's voice, although daniel did not have a low voice, "don't worry, i'll catch you."

"you guys are so annoying." i quickly told him, "go catch up with your boyfriend!"

Jack laughed of my mention of his highly fan shipped relationship, moving towards zach and grabbing his hand dramatically, lifting it up and skating forward as if they were a real couple. Daniel and I couldn't help but laugh.

"hey, look you're doing it!" Daniel informed me and i looked down, watching my legs move automatically on the ice, my hand locked in his.

"yeah, but just in case i'm still gonna hold on to you." i told daniel, which he quickly responded.

"yeah of course. wouldn't want you to fall."

I smiled at him, letting his weight drag us around the large rink. It was several minutes and jokes later until the bean and Jonah were skating next to us, catching me up on their lives. Corbyn told me about Christina and how much he misses her, to which i added that i missed her more.

"speaking of corbina, you two are looking real cutesie." Jonah started.

"cutesie?" Daniel laughed, making the minnesota born boy blush.

"whatever."

"and what does their adorable relationship have to do with anything?" I question.

"they're in a relationship, you two are..." Jonah paused, waiting for us to continue for him.

"ice skating together." Daniel finished, clearly avoiding both the words relationship and friendship. I nodded my head, trying not to make it seem obvious that it hurt when he couldn't admit the thing between us. It wasn't that hard to notice, hell even these boys can see it. We wanted to be together constantly, it was like an addiction. And sure, friends could be together a lot, but not in the way we were. It almost felt like dates and i know that they may not have been, but it was still nice to sometimes think of them like that.

"you act like you aren't in love with her, daniel." Jonah continued to tease.

"whatever." Daniel turned red, "you guys are annoying."

"only cause it's true." Corbyn jumped in.

I was most likely a lighter shade of red as i quickly defended Dani, "alright alright, stop teasing him. he doesn't like it."

"and of course you know that." Jonah made one final comment before the two boys skate forward, racing towards Jack who'd been egging them on the entire time.

Our session was two hours long, but we'd chosen the five o'clock session, so it was now seven. The final whistle blew and everyone began to skate off the ice. I moved my body towards the exit, but dani pulled me away from it.

"come on, let's go around one final time," i looked at him crazy but eventually nodded as my feet glided around the rink, "sorry about the guys tonight, they were kinda assholes."

I laughed a little bit and nodded my head before speaking, "i guess they kinda were."

"it's not that they were wrong though," My heart fluttered as I took in the words he spoke, trying not to get too far ahead of myself, "we're kinda obvious."

"what do you mean?" i stutter, trying not to jump to conclusions.

"you and i, i don't think that we're just friends," Daniel admitted to me which made me smile, "at least i hope we're not. i was hoping that you and i might just be able to make things more official. like, have you as my girlfriend, or som-"

"yes!" a large smile quickly came to my face as i cut off his words and nearly jumped off the ice, "sorry i just-"

daniel cut me off this time, his lips planting firmly on mine and sending butterflies into my stomach. everything about this moment was perfect. i looked up at him as we skated towards the exit.

and not once did i fall on my ass.