Drabble

"Baby?" Daniel asks walking into you room. You don't hear him though, the sounds of Hamilton flows through your AirPods that are firmly planted in your ears.

You had been sitting in the same position in your room for hours, tirelessly working on an essay that wasn't due for another week. However, you hadn't been doing too hot in this class and knew you needed to do well on this essay so you could pass. You absentmindedly start mouthing the words to Alexander Hamilton and Daniel can't help but smile at the small mannerism.

Daniel was used to you like this, but worried nonetheless. He knew college was stressful and you had to work 24/7 to get assignments done and do well in your classes. But that didn't stop him from worrying about you and your health. He knew how stressed you got and how you didn't always stop when it came to assignments.

"Babe." He repeats walking further into the room. He then notices the headphones in your ears and reaches out to you. He plucks out your left headphone causing you to look up at him and offer a sheepish smile.

"What are you listening to?" He asks popping the headphone into his ear. When the familiar tune of Wait For It from the Hamilton soundtrack plays, he starts to smile. You always listened to show tunes when doing homework but Hamilton happened to be a fan favorite of yours to help you focus.

"Come here." Daniel gestures to you but you immediately start to protest.

"Dani I have to write at least another page tonight."

Instead of responding, Daniel shuts your laptop and pulls you up by your hands. When you're standing he gestures to your phone which you plop into his hand and wait for him to pick a song. He ends up choosing Helpless, a song which you two loved to belt in your car together.

As it starts, Daniel takes your right hand into his left and holds it up as he rest his left hand on your waist. He then begins to move the two of you around the room to the beat of the song while humming the lyrics into your ear.

"If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it." He quotes the words and you giggle.

As the song continues, you dance around the room, arm and arm and your paper long forgotten. Daniel has always had this affect on you and this is why you loved him so much. He learned your mannerisms and loved every bit of them. Knew when you needed a break and when you needed to be left alone.

You were certain this boy was the love of your life and your soulmate. You hoped he felt the same way too.

"I love you so much." He says as the song ends. "And I'm so lucky to be able to dance around your room to musicals and have the best time of my life."

"You're truly the best thing that has ever happened to me."