Free

You were sitting in bed, the covers all over the place, your knees huddled close to your chest, and tears streaming down your face, 

"Please Daniel," you choked out as he paced back and forth across the bedroom floor. 

"I...I just think it's what's best," He sighed, stopping to look at you huddled on the bed, "Y/N..." He whispered, reaching out to you, but you turned your head away, "I don't want to do this-"

 "Then why are you?" You yelled, staring at him even with the tears blurring your vision, "Everything was fine, we were great, I-we loved each other. I don't get it Daniel." He looked down then back up at you with sorrowful eyes, 

"I...I found someone else," he muttered, avoiding eye contact. 

"What?" You said out loud, now having anger and sadness well up inside you. 

"I'm sorry, it just hap-"

 "Fuck you, Daniel," you whispered, immediately seeing the hurt in your eyes, being reflected in his.

 "Y/N," he choked out. 

"Go," you whispered, turning your head away from him, he tried to say something but you ignored him, "Please. Just leave." You finished, shutting your eyes as more tears fell, hearing Daniel shuffle quietly out if the room. The sad thing is, Daniel never did find anyone else. He walked out of your house and collapsed on the front step in a pile of tears, regret, and sadness. You were perfect for him in every way, shape, and form. But he felt as though he was the problem, holding you back with his hectic life...So he did what he had to and set the thing he loved most, free.