New Year

"Are you excited for tonight?" Christina, one of my best friends asked. She was currently doing my makeup for the New Year's party that the Why Don't We boys were holding at their house. The party didn't start for another two hours but we wanted to prep.

"It's gonna be weird not celebrating with my family, but I'm really excited for tonight." I replied, allowing her to cake my face with makeup. I would've done it myself but when a beauty guru comes all the way from New York to LA, I'm going to use her to my advantage.

"So are you going to kiss anyone tonight?" She continued asking. I looked up at her in surprise.

"What?"

"Are you going to go into the new year by kissing someone?" She asked again, laughing ever so slightly.

"No." I laughed. "No ones going to kiss me."

"Listen, (Y/N), I'm about to make you look so sexy, one boy tonight is going to want to kiss you." She said now moving on to applying my eye makeup. "Maybe even Daniel."

I stared up at her wide eyed. She laughed at my reaction. Having a crush on someone who only saw you as a friend was the worst, and especially when you lived in their house when you visited LA. Daniel only saw me as a friend, I was just one of the boys best friends and there was no changing that.

"Daniel is not going to kiss me." I mumbled to Christina.

"You never know." She replied.

"Christina." I sighed. She smiled down at me in response.

"Fine. Kiss someone else then who isn't Daniel."

"Who says I even want to kiss anyone?" I asked.

"It's like a tradition. Everyone wants to kiss someone."

"I just wanna kiss my cup of soda, thanks." I smiled up at my best friend, making her laugh.

"You do you, (Y/N), you do you."

———

An hour and a half later and both Christina and I were ready. I was wearing a light pink romper, which had a deep V neck. Christina had given me a neutral makeup look to make my eyes pop. I was out of my comfort zone with my outfit but I looked great so I felt great.

"Shall we go downstairs?" Christina asked me. I shrugged my shoulders in response, placing my heels on. I've never looked this glamorous before and I'm actually loving it.

Christina and I walked down the stairs carefully, trying not to fall. We walked into the kitchen of the compound where all five of the Why Don't We boys were, plus a few of their family members and a few of their crew. The party hadn't even started yet and the house already seemed full.

Christina automatically walked over to Corbyn. I looked around the room going to stand next to Sydnie, I was confused when I saw Daniel start choking on his drink. Jack was laughing and patting his back, looking at me every now and then. Finally, Daniel stopped choking and looked around the room.

"I'm fine everyone. Don't worry." He said going to place his now empty cup in the sink. He turned around to face everyone, we made eye contact which in turn made him look away really quickly. I don't know what I'm expecting from him, nothings going to happen. He doesn't like me and he never will.

I grabbed myself a drink of soda, talking to Sydnie and Kirsten. The boys families were here to celebrate the New Year with them, so it was great for me to see my friends who I haven't seen in a while.

———

The party was in full swing now. The house was filled to the brim with people. I barely know any of these people. I spent most of my evening dancing with Christina and Ashley, or talking with boys families. I hadn't really spent any time with Daniel, I think he was avoiding me.