Falling Out Of Love

"Oh my gosh you have to meet these guys", your new agent exclaimed excitedly. He was a lot more giddy than your last agent, but he was great. "They are simply fantastic and you will love all of them", he said as the car stopped in front of a very familiar house.

As soon as you both got out and the car drove away, you instantly knew everything about this house and the people who lived in it.

"Honey, they don't bite", your agent ushered you toward the front door as you slowly began walking toward the door. He perkily knocked on the door, waiting for it to open while you silently wished they weren't home.

"Hey Hunter", Jonah opened the door, giving him the bro hug thing. He glanced down at you and his jaw almost dropped, "Come on in", he ushered for Hunter to enter but stepped in front of you, "Daniel is gonna freak out."

You looked down at the floor, "I know", you muttered, waiting for him to tell you to leave.

"But it's good to see you", he took you in his arms, giving you a reassuring hug, "Come in", he stepped aside as you nervously walked in, "You'll be fine."

"This is Corbyn, Jonah, Jack, Zach, and –", your agent began.

"Daniel", you breathed out as Daniel looked up with wide eyes.

"So you've heard of them", Hunter asked.

"Uh...yeah, they performed at one of the award shows", you lied as the boys nodded in agreement, Daniel looking everywhere but you.

"Y/N, can I talk to you", Daniel whispered to you as you all began walking toward the kitchen.

You were hesitant but nodded, "Sure", you replied to your ex as you followed him up the stairs and to his room.

Once the door was closed, you stared awkwardly at the bed you used to share. Daniel leaned against his dresser, looking you up and down. Almost scanning for something. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I got a new agent and he said he wanted me to meet some people, I had no idea it would be you guys", you explained precisely.

Daniel simply nodded, letting an odd silence grow in the room.

"How have you been", you broke the ice.

"How exactly did you expect me to recover from us breaking up", he scoffed, "Especially so suddenly."

"Daniel I could've sworn us breaking up was a fucking agreement", you defended.

"I was only trying to make you happy! Like I always do...", he trailed off, causing the silence to make it's return.

"Well...have you been dating or....", you waited for his response.

"You can't really just fall out of love Y/N", Daniel let out a dry laugh as his eyes grew glossy.

"Trust me I know", you looked anywhere but him, "I still cry at least once a week."

"It's not about how much you cry", Daniel shook his head with crossed arms, "It's about how much it hurts to even think of that person. It's about how badly you hope they're safe because you're not their to protect them. It's about me worrying that one day I'll wake up and you and some other guy will be plastered all over magazines! It's about one day having to hear that someone proposed to you, you guys got married, had kids....It's about me knowing that you're gonna have a future with somebody that's not me", a single tear fell down Daniel's face.

Your heart broke for him because he just said all the words you wanted to say, but hadn't known how. "You don't think I run around with the same fear? You don't think that when I get home from a photoshoot, I think of the possibility that someone else is making you happy? You don't think I wonder if some girl you met on tour swept you off your feet? Because trust me I do, and I know that someone will. And I hate that that someone won't be me", you choked up at your words as he left his place on the dresser to take you in his arms, "Daniel I don't want to be with anyone else. I thought that you wanted us to split and....", you shook your head as tears fell down your face.

"It was the worst decision we ever made", he ran his fingers through your hair, "I know baby girl."

"Daniel, I-I want you back", you tightly shut your eyes, hoping for the response you wanted.

"Oh thank God", he gasped while holding you tighter, "I love you so fucking much."

"I love you too."