Hard

Y/h/l - your hair length (long or short)

Daniel's POV

It's hard to act like I don't think about you sometimes

I should win an Oscar

I look across the table to the one girl that has been there since day one, the girl I love, the girl I can't have. I think about the amazing memories we have, her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her y/h/l y/h/c hair, everything about her. She looks up at me, catching me staring at her. She smiles and waves at me, I smile and wave back. But that smile disappears as she turns to talk to Tom, her boyfriend.

It was my birthday, right at the end of the night
It was that first time, he hurt you bad and you cried

I was dancing in the living room when I heard screams coming from the backyard. Being curious, I towards there and see Y/n and Tom arguing, I didn't want to be nosy so I left.

About 5 minutes later, Tom storms past me and put the door. I turn towards Y/n who was standing by the backyard door. She was crying.

Right in my arms, fell to a million pieces
Held you together, girl, I know all your secrets

I walk over to her.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened?" I ask. She looks up at me and starts to cry even more. I pulled her into a tight hug. "Shhh, shhh, it's okay. I'm here."

I smoothed her hair because I know it calms her down. I kissed the top of her head and rocked us back and forth. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back at her.

"Thanks, Daniel."

"No problem y/n/n. Anything for you. But are you going to tell me what happened." She sighed and started to tell me.

Do you know what is to, be the one to fix you?
And all you do is run back to the one who breaks your heart

The next morning I wake up on the sofa, as I let Y/n sleep in my bed. Last night we played games together, binged watched Glee, it was the perfect end to my Birthday. I walk upstairs to see Y/n dressed with her bag.

"Hey, leaving so soon?" I laugh.

"Yeah, Tom said sorry and is picking me up! He's only up the road!" She says smiling and starts to walk downstairs.

"Oh, okay... don't you want breakfast?"

"No, Tom bought me Starbucks, I'll be okay. Thank you for last night, made me happy." She hugged me.

"Yeah, anytime." And with that, she was back to the one who broke her heart.

I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard

Hard, it's just too hard

She's here, again, in my house, because Tom hurt her again.

"Y/n, you need to stop always coming to me. You're making this so hard." I tell her.

"Daniel! You're my Bestfriend! You've been there since day one. Please, you're making this hard on me."

I said I'll be there to the end but it's too hard
Hard, it's just too hard

"Y/n i-"

" You said you will always be there for, me! Till the end!"

You keep runnin' back to him, I know it's hard
Hard, it's just too hard

"But Y/n! You're always running back to him, time and time again. After he breaks your heart!"

"Yeah, okay and? I love him!"

I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard

Hard, it's just too hard

"I need a friend right now Daniel, please!" I look up at her,

"Okay"

"Thank you"

It's hard to sing along to songs that people sing when they're happy

I should win a Grammy

As I would have known, she's back with him. I was driving around town when Happier by Ed Sheeran came on. Right now I could relate to this song right now. I sigh and keep listening. 

You block his number, and then you call me instead
You give him distance, and then you sleep in my bed

"I blocked him this time! He has hurt me anoth!" Y/n yells. Once again, she came to me. 

"Good," I say, blatantly said. "You can stay in my bed."

"Uh, yeah! Thanks, Dani."

"No problem." 

You say you miss him, and you go crawlin' back

That's my mission, it's to be here when you're sad

"Hey, what's up?" I ask the sad looking girl sitting in front of me. 

"I know it's going to sound bad but, I miss Tom." She looks up to me. I sigh and nod my head. "Maybe I should talk to him..."

All this daytime drama makes me feel so alive

So good at fakin', I should win an Emmy

"Or maybe not! Y/n this is not the first time he has done this. It makes you feel awful and broken. Don't do this." 

"Daniel! You know how much I love that man! I'm leaving so I can go talk to my boyfriend. Friends are meant to be there when they are sad!" 

"Okay... go talk to him. You're right."

Hard, it's just too hard

I see her once again leaving my house into the arms of the man who broke her heart, and there is nothing I can do to stop her because they love each over.