@LaurenSmithAuthor

Pen Name: Lauren Smith

Username: LaurenSmithAuthor

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

This is my legal name.

How many books have you published till date?

35

What are your future projects?

I'm currently writing a historical pirate romance and also a fun paranormal romance where a vampire and a fox shifter fall in love.

What is writing to you?

Writing is like breathing. I need to do it every day. Its a part of my soul, not just my job. I eat, sleep and breathe writing.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

A long time dream. I was raised by a banker and a lawyer and they were supportive of my dream but they were also smart. They told me to go and get a degree and work in another field until the writing took off. So I became a lawyer and worked as a lawyer for about 5 years before I was able to retire and write full time.

What genre books you like to work on?

I absolutely prefer romance.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I think so, if I could think of a compelling story. Any good story no matter the genre, should have love play a part in it because love is the greatest motivator there is.

Then we would love to read a Fantasy Romance genre book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I think the charm of writing books is that I can explore so many fun jobs, and ideas through fiction. I recently wrote a paleontologist character and had him traveling through Russian and Mongolia which was so much fun to research. And then I wrote a dragon shifter series and was able to dream up my own dragon species. I think the freedom to write what you want is amazing.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

Favorite authors are JK Rowling (I was a first generation harry potter child), and Johanna Lindsey and Lisa Kleypas and H. Ridger Haggard and Rudyard Kipling. I haven't read that many authors on wattpad.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

I'm not really sure who they would be. I don't spend a ton of time on wattpad aside from responding to comments since I have a very business writing schedule.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I am loving the series Deadwood right now. I didn't watch it when it was first airing several years ago but now i'm catching up. I am loving reading the western romance novels by Johanna Lindsey which aren't really a series.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Oh gosh, that's a tough one. I adore Tom Holland right now, the man who plays spiderman in the current Marvel movies. He's the best. I also love Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth. It's obvious I'm into super heroes LOL>

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Favorite villain that I love? Probably Captain Hook from Peter Pan.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

I'm an artist and photographer and I love to play with my dogs and i'm currently training for a half marathon.

What are your hidden talents?

I'm really good at convincing people to see my perspective or to do what I want without having to fight. I'm a good negotiator/persuader

Who is your first celebrity crush?

Leonardo Dicaprio

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I once went to court and thought I was late so I snuck in down a row of chairs and thought there was a chair behind me. When I went to sit down, I just fell flat on my butt and since the floor was hollow beneath one layer of wood it just made this big booming noise and everyone in court turned to look at me

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I lived in a castle without heat during November in France for 3 weeks and wrote a novel. It had mice in the walls and everything! It was a really authentic experience.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Find out what you love to write, and figure out who makes money writing what you write and then study their books and figure out what makes them bestsellers. Then create your own style that touches on those things (don't copy plots or characters) but get a feel for pacing and plot structure and character styles that make the books compelling so yours are too.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Omg yes! I actually would if I could afford the illustrators

What do you feel about this interview?

it's been super fun!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.