@Redlakes

Pen Name: Shanika

Username: Redlakes

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

My pen name is my legal name.

How many books have you published till date?

I have published one book till date and soon plan to release it's sequel.

What are your future projects?

Right now, I plan to publish the next two installments of the DREAMS AND REALITY Trilogy. I have other story plots in my mind too, which I'm looking forward to publish.

What is writing to you?

Writing to me is a way of liberation. I feel I can express myself better when I write. I find it really extraordinary how mere thoughts and ideas form into well constructed story lines.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

A little bit of both, actually. I wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember because I have been reading books for as long as I can remember. I used to be awestruck at the amazing story lines various authors had created and I wanted to do something similar. It is recently though, when I started writing on Wattpad, that I realized I had a knack for it.

What genre books you like to work on?

I like to experiment a lot. The book I'm writing right now focuses on werewolves and teen romance but I'm open to explore other genres too.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I guess I would. Like I said, I love challenges and writing on a whole new genre, especially if not of my choice would be a great opportunity.

Then we would love to read a cheesy lighthearted Romance book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I'm a big fan of writing and reading fiction books. I find it amazing how a simple idea or emotion turns into a beautiful story, one which people fall in love with.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

My favorite authors in Wattpad are shehopesautheras and many more. Outside Wattpad, I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, Mario Puzo, Dan Brown and Khaled Hosseini.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

I have recently finished The Robert Langdon Series by Dan Brown. I'm a big fan of the TV show FRIENDS and I am currently watching Game of Thrones.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My favorite actor would be Chris Evans, Tom Cruise, Ryan Reynolds and Leonardo DI Caprio. My favorite actresses are Anne Hathaway, Rachel McAdams, Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Winslet.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

My favorite villain would be THE JOKER. I know it's a bit clichè but I personally found his "take" on life pretty realistic.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

My hobbies include dancing and listening to music.

What are your hidden talents?

My hidden talents is doodling, I think. I'm not really sure!

Who is your first celebrity crush?

My first celebrity crush was Tom Cruise ;)

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

My most embarrassing moment would definitely be when I slipped on the road and flashed my bits. But then again I was just in years old.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

One of the most adrenaline driven and crazy thing I have ever done is bunjee jumping. Definitely took my breath away!

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

As a young author, I have struggled a lot. I know how it feels when you think hard and plan your next chapter with dedication and don't get enough reads and votes on it. I would advice new readers to advertise their books on as many platforms as possible. I would advice them to participate in genuine 'Read for Read' deals. I would advice them to enter as many awards as they can.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Though I love comics, I have never dreamt of writing my own comic.

What do you feel about this interview?

This interview was fun and I'm glad the team approached me in the first place.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

Thank you! XD

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.