@vividlycrimson18

Pen Name: vividlycrimson18

Username: vividlycrimson18

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

No, fortunately not haha. I didn't really think my username through to be honest, just mashed some words I liked together along with my lucky number 18( 18th is my birthday, so that's that.) it's just that I never expected I would use this account, let alone write books on it. I would want to change it, but I feel like it's too late now( I'd have to change all my covers and author's notes and I'm lazy), so now I'm stuck with this one.

How many books have you published till date?

I've written fourteen, though I've unpublished three as I didn't really like them anymore.

What are your future projects?

I have about a thousand story ideas and approx 78 drafts waiting to be written, so way too many haha. I'm either starting one about a cold sorority head x a goofy guy who's the head of her rival club, an femme fatale assassin x the prince she's supposed to murder or a dying girl x a cynical guy. depends on my mood really.

What is writing to you?

Writing is like sleep to me. it's relaxing and I lose myself in it, until I just blink and I'm an hour along with a newly written chapter.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

I've written since I was a child. my first full-length novel was when I was ten, approx a hundred pages about a girl getting sucked into a magical land and the adventures she had( though I cringe when I read it now.) I'm not sure my books are good enough to be published( and I'm studying to become a doctor, so it would never be my primary job either), but for now it's nice to pass time with for when my head gets too chaotic with words.

What genre books you like to work on?

Comedy, romance, thriller, poetry, tragedy. a little bit of everything really.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

Of course! I always love being able to expand my horizons. 

The we would love to read a fantasy book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

I adore writing because I can make everything exactly how I want it to be. if I wanted the sky green like grass and the pavement soft blue dotted with white I could and that's honestly the charm for me. that also includes writing characters who don't annoy me( because I remember reading books and thinking "that's literally not a normal way to react to something. can't you think??)

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

George RR Martin will forever be my idol, but also JK Rowling, Stephen King and William Golding.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

jk199401saschakonijn and _roose_. the last two I know in real life and are my dearest friends, the first one is such a lovely person. she actually was one of the first to reply to my stories and has always stayed so positive and sweet( adore her.) there are so many others as well, who've always been supportive sweethearts ( they know who they are and they have a place in my heart, always), but the list would get too long.

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

.I absolutely adore Game of Thrones. so saddened it has ended, it was cinematography and writing at it's finest.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Angelina Jolie is such an angel and I adore Emilia Clarke, so one of them. my favorite actor would be Daniel Radcliffe, as he's absolutely hilarious( and I'll never forget hp.)

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

I adore every villain, so this is a hard one haha. never was one for the good MC's. suppose the Joker and Draco Malfoy. I've always had a soft spot for the Lannisters too, despite the crazy things they did.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Drawing, dancing, going out with friends, exploring new things

What are your hidden talents?

Suppose drawing haha. I never have time for it anymore, but I used to fill books with sketches. now I just fill them with anatomical facts sadly.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

A hundred percent young Leonardo DiCaprio( you know, from when he was in Titanic.) he has stolen my heart forever.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

I'm like the clumsiest person ever, so probably one of the times I fell( it's a daily occasion at this point.)

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I don't really think anything through, so I'm up for anything really. probably the time me and some friends took a whole plant from a club and dragged it home( it's surprisingly still alive), the time I climbed over a fence and broke it or when I ran away from a group of friends( like full on sprint) while I was drunk and managed to cross an entire meadow before they took me down.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Don't be discouraged! my first book had about 40 reads and 2 votes for three months and approx five months later it had 400k reads, so improvement will happen! don't give up on writing if it's something you enjoy, especially if you think you aren't good enough. the only way you can truly get better is to write( and what's the worst thing that could happen?)

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Absolutely! I have this entire elaborate story idea in my head that I've had for years, but which is too broad to just write about. I actually drew and wrote around twenty-five chapters when I was fourteen. I would love to be able to have time for that again and improve the art and every loophole, but uni's unfortunately keeping me busy.

What do you feel about this interview?

I adored the questions, thank you for asking me for this!

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.