@Vapid_Ink

Pen Name: Vapid Ink or Kari G.

Username: Vapid_Ink

Is your pen name your legal name? If no, then how did you make up one?

Nope, one I just came up with, and the other is a nickname.

How many books have you published till date?

On Wattpad I have five novels, three short stories, a book of prompts, and an art book.

What are your future projects?

Right now I'm working on a couple things, one I can't really say much about since I want it to be a surprise. I have a dystopian superhero story, a lesbian werewolf, and a horror comedy about zombies I'm working on, but those are all in their very early stages of planning.

What is writing to you?

To me, it's a way to get rid of the stress of everyday life. It's how I take my mind off things and do what I can to help other people forget about whatever may be worrying them, even if just for a couple of minutes.

Is being an author, your long time dream or a hidden passion you found out later?

Both! When I was younger I thought I was just a bookworm, but turns out I also love to write, haha! I'd definitely love to make this into a career.

What genre books you like to work on?

I like to try new things, so I've written romance, thriller, action, humor, drama, sci-fi, and fantasy. The only genres I don't think I'll try any time soon are poetry, historical and non-fiction, if only because I'd be terrible.

If we challenge you to write a book of another genre we suggest, then would you take it up?

I'd be interested to hear the challenge, but I'm such a slow writer I don't think I'd get it done within the decade!

Then we would love to read a Dark Humor Romance book from you soon.

Writing is a reality that paints a beautiful fantasy. What do you think are the charms of writing fiction/non fictional books?

As far as fantasy, I love the freedom it gives one as a writer. The ability to both escape to a world of one's own making and reflect on the state of the real world through writing. I wouldn't know about non-fiction, but I think it's a good way to reflect on the past or see things through a new perspective.

Who are your favorite authors in and out of wattpad?

From Wattpad, I'd say Twoony and Lena_Mano. Off Wattpad I like Neil Gaiman and Stephen King.

Name few of your close wattpad friends.

Now a days I'm kind of a hermit on the site, and I kind of just drop by to post updates or respond to comments. But I will say my favorite person has to be JaeTheTerrible, because she has always supported me, from the very start. I don't get to talk to her as much as I'd like, but she's still a lovely person. Even is she threatens to hunt me down when my writing displeases her, haha!

What is your favorite series you have recently watched or read?

Good Omens was great, but lately I'm also watching The Mandalorian and I'm loving the space western feel. And Baby Yoda.

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

I don't think I have one, mostly because I like roles actors play more than just the actor. But I guess Keanu Reeves is everyone's fave so I'll go with him.

Who is your favorite Villain you couldn't help but love?

Darth Vader. I know he's awful, but he was a great villain by design.

What are your hobbies other than writing and reading?

Drawing, baking, gaming, and watching movies or shows. I also really love to look after my rabbits or just lay around with them.

What are your hidden talents?

I'm very good at memorizing information, which is how I got through high school with very little actual studying.

Who is your first celebrity crush?

I honestly have no clue on that one.

What is the most embarrassing situation that you have ever been through?

Probably the time I was in elementary school and had to recite a poem in front of the whole school during some event.I was so scared I went up there and spoke with the most monotone voice ever. Recited the whole poem like I was a robot. I swear it was like an out of body experience. Luckily, school ended soon after and I moved away during the summer break and was able to start a new life in a new school.

One craziest thing you have ever done?

I skipped class during summer school and went to get some food and then to a game store with a friend. In my defense, I was hungry.

There are many authors who just started their journey and many readers who want to write but has no courage to do so. Please give them a tip and a word of encouragement.

Write because you love it, and it'll show in your work. If you truly want to tell a story, tell it, and there will be people who love it just like you do. We all begin in the same way, scared of what others will think, of not being any good, but we'll never know how good we can be if we never try and we'll never know what good we can bring to others' lives with the stories we have to tell.

Last but not the least, have you ever dreamt of writing your own comic?

Yes! I love comics and drawing, but I don't think I have the skills or time to be able to do any story justice on my own.

What do you feel about this interview?

I loved it! Thank you so much for giving me the chance to answer your questions, they were great and really made me think about why I love this site and writing so much.

Hope you had a great time answering our questions. We appreciate you for your beautiful works and also spending valuable time with us.

We wish you to write many more successful stories and be a bestselling author one day.