☾ 13 ☽

It had been a while since the fight with Zabuza and Haku on the Bridge in the Land of Waves. Tsukiko had grown up quite a lot since that day, now that she had found her Ninja Way, her Nindo. She was eternally grateful to Haku for showing her the way to how it is done. She was sure that she would never meet a person like Haku again – and she was willing to cover Haku's place in the world.

Knowledge of Tsukiko's awakened Sharingan was exclusive to the Team Seven and the Hokage. While the Hokage and Kakashi Sensei were not quite shocked by this (they were certainly, worried however), Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke were quite shocked. With Sasuke being the most, but he did not talk about it to her.

Tsukiko, Naruto and Sasuke had went back to their olden days. None of them talked about what had happened on the Bridge, something that was eating Sakura up. She could not understand why Naruto and Sasuke were avoiding each other more and Tsukiko wasn't saying anything at all.

But right now, Tsukiko had more things to worry about. Ever since her Sharingan had awakened (something that she still sucked horribly at), Hiruzen had been trying to see if she had some sort of Byakugan as well. Tsukiko wished she wouldn't have one because it would only make her more of a target in the bingo book if the word got out.

Hiruzen had admitted that her name was already on several of the other village's bingo books and that he had made a mistake of letting her keep her clan's name with herself. Tsukiko was scared after this knowledge but tried to wave it off. Hiruzen had assured her that her apartment was very securely sealed off for anyone to attack her there.

It was a relief to that extent. On the other hand, Tsukiko had hoped that Hiruzen would give up seeking more Kekkei Genkai in her after the first few failed attempts but then he had the wonderful idea of consulting Okuninushi inside of her.

Okuninushi did something to her, Tsukiko didn't know what it was, but it made her go blind for a few days. She was unable to participate in team missions and had to lay in the hospital bed all day long by herself, and Usajii as company. Her team did visit her but it was never for too long. Her eyes had been bandaged and quite honestly, Tsukiko had pretty much believed that her vision was gone forever.

That is until about a week later, Tsukiko was asked by Okuninushi to take her bandages off. When she did so, she was rather annoyed to find that Okuninushi didn't warn her to shield her eyes from sunlight and burned her eyes but was surprised to find the white, featureless eyes staring back at her. She threw a fit about wanting her own eyes and Okuninushi scolded her and taught her how to do it.

Hiruzen was more bothered by this, something Tsukiko did not understand. He was the one who wanted to see if she had another Kekkei Genkai. Usajii had told her that Hiruzen now had more reason to worry for her and all the more reason to fear her. Tsukiko knew he meant that people would fear that she would turn out for the worst but Tsukiko was sure she wouldn't.

Tsukiko stared at the Hokage Monument in the distance as she stalked down the street to the bridge where the Team Seven was supposed to meet up with Kakashi Sensei. She eyed the first two Hokages – Hashirama and Tobirama. She wanted to be as great as them...

Her Wood Style was still quite underdeveloped – she wanted to create huge forests out of nowhere like Hashirama. Her Water Style was still quite weak – she wanted to bring huge waves out of nowhere like Tobirama. And for that, she had to work hard on her abilities. There was no one to teach her.

Wood Style, Sharingan and Byakugan... She had to learn those while keeping it under the wraps. Hiruzen told her about how his teacher, Hashirama, did the Wood Style and she tried to imitate it (but rather miserably). He then ended up giving her a large scroll to study Hashirama's Jutsus and get it in her system somehow.