☾ 46 ☽

Tsukiko watched as Jiraiya took out his pen and drew a spiral on Naruto's right hand. Then, he placed on onto his own palm and held up, showing that his spiral was in the opposite direction. Tsukiko furrowed her eyebrows as she ate her ice cream, wondering what he was trying to do.

"It's the same one..." Naruto said. "But this is the trick?"

"You're the type who was yelled at during the Academy for not having concentration, right?" Jiraiya asked. He couldn't be closer to the truth.

"That doesn't have anything to do with me now," Naruto replied. Jiraiya pulled out a piece of paper from his vest and held it up.

"Look at this paper," Jiraiya ordered. Naruto nodded and looked at it for a few seconds. Tsukiko sweat-dropped. Then, Jiraiya took it away and made a spiral on it as well before holding it out. "Now, look at it again,"

"So, what is it?" Naruto said. Tsukiko breathed when she realised what Jiraiya was attempting to do. He was trying to catch Naruto's attention solely onto that spiral, as some sort of focal point.

"It's not something that I need to explain in length," Jiraiya replied. "But when you first looked at this black piece of paper, you just glanced at the whole thing, correct?" Naruto nodded. "Then, where do you look on this one? Most likely the point in the middle?

"When a human being looks at just a black piece of paper, he doesn't know where to look so the eyes wander. But if you put even a single point onto it, the mind focuses there... This is concentrating at a single point and as you focus your mind, you become spiritually stable and you are able to extract unexpected power,"

"You're surprisingly smart, Usa," Tsukiko acknowledged as she ate her ice cream. Jiraiya sweat-dropped, she was too much like Tsukimi and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Anyway!" Jiraiya pressed on. "When you opened a hole on the rubber ball, you must have been concentrating desperately to fill up the Chakra in the palm of your hand," Naruto nodded. "When you concentrate, power emerges. But without a target, it is difficult to concentrate. That's why we have this...

"Now, Naruto, listen from here on, when you store up the Chakra you build up in your right hand, try to store it up by concentrating on that mark," Naruto stared at the spiral on the palm of his hand.

"All right, I'll try it!" Naruto exclaimed. Jiraiya nodded and left the two of them at it. Tsukiko climbed onto the nearest tree and watched him go the rubber balls. She herself held onto a rubber ball to see if she could make it work as well.

"Maybe I'm just not that great at Wind Style," Tsukiko said, sighing as she played with the ball, leaning against the tree trunk. "I should just make do with Water and Earth Styles..." Usajii rolled his eyes in her head.

"Didn't you announce back when you were young that you wanted to have all five of them like Hiruzen?" Usajii asked. Tsukiko shrugged and he sweat-dropped. "You're too young to give up. You can always learn how to use Wind, Fire and Lightning Styles later. Would you not like to copy Ninjutsu like Kakashi?"

"Oh, yeah..." Tsukiko muttered. "I'm rather horrible at Sharingan, too... I think I prefer Byakugan more than Sharingan," She rubbed her chin. "Much less Fire or Lightning, I have to at least get a hold on Wind Style. If I want to be a Chunin..."

"You're already decent with two elements, Usahime," Usajii said disapprovingly. "And you're brilliant with Wood and Crystal Styles. You don't have to approve anything," He halted for a second, and then, "This is why I'm ambivalent regarding whether I want to tell you about your family," Tsukiko froze.