☾ 44 ☽

"Finally, the mood is right for a little training!" Naruto cheered as he, Tsukiko and Jiraiya gathered in a secluded forest above the town's crater. Tsukiko was looking forward to what Jiraiya was going to train them with.

"Here! Have a water balloon each," Jiraiya said, throwing over two water balloons. Tsukiko and Naruto caught them, and the white-haired girl stared at it in confusion. "You two saw the Jutsu that I just used, right?"

"Yes," Tsukiko and Naruto answered.

"What Jutsu did it look like to you?" Jiraiya asked.

"It looked like you made your opponent spin violently," Naruto said while Tsukiko simply answered, "It was a Wind Style Jutsu,"

"Right, it was a Wind Style Jutsu," Jiraiya said. "And it was spinning," He held his water balloon on his palm and they watched as the water inside of it began to spin without him doing anything.

"Whoa!" Naruto said when the water balloon suddenly burst. Tsukiko stared at the water that had splattered out. How did he do that without doing anything?

"The tree-climbing exercise to learn to gather and maintain Chakra in necessary places, and the walk on water exercise to learn how to release a set amount of Chakra," Jiraiya said. "You did both of these, right? And now, with this water balloon exercise, you'll learn how to create a stream of Chakra. In other words, spinning,"

"Create a stream of Chakra..." Naruto repeated. Tsukiko frowned to herself. Wasn't all this for a Wind Style Jutsu? She couldn't work that well with Wind Style... She only knew the basics of them, and those are all she ever used.

"I'll give a more detailed explanation of the Jutsu once you get these first steps down," Jiraiya told them. "First, you must gather and maintain Chakra in your hand using the tree-climbing technique, then you steadily release a set amount of Chakra using the walking on water technique. Then, you push and churn the water in the balloon with the Chakra!"

"I get it, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted. "Then, you spin the water in the balloon faster and faster until the balloon pops, right?"

"You're catching on more and more quickly!" Jiraiya said. "Okay, today, we're going to train until evening," Naruto and Tsukiko nodded in agreement.

The two of them held onto their water balloons and began to work on them. Tsukiko stared at her blue and white ball, concentrating on getting the Chakra into her hand. Once she had gotten the first step done, she moved to bring a steady stream of Chakra into the water inside the water balloon. It didn't take long for her to feel it swirl inside.

"Usa," Tsukiko muttered as she tried to put more and more Chakra into the force of the spin so that it would burst like Jiraiya's. Next to her, Naruto let out a strangled yell.

"I've done it!" Naruto shouted. "The water is turning! It seems like it is going to be easier than I thought to break it," He looked at Tsukiko. "Have you got it, Tsukiko-Chan?!" She nodded.

"Then, I'll go and take a little rest until it's done," Jiraiya said as he walked over to the nearest tree and settled down. "...with this!" Tsukiko sweat-dropped when Jiraiya pulled out a bottle of sake from his vest.

"Should you be drinking so much in the middle of the day?" Tsukiko asked him. "What if you get alcohol poisoning and you die? What are Naruto and I going to do then, Usa?" Jiraiya gave her a suspicious look – was she already planning his death like her mother at that age?

"I need to kill the time, Tsukim – I mean, Yurihime," Jiraiya said. Tsukiko seemed to have been glaring at the bottle of sake too furiously to notice. "And I also need to get some sleep,"