☾ 27 ☽

"Seventh match, Uzumaki Naruto versus Inuzuka Kiba," Gekko announced. Naruto and Kiba stood facing each other in the arena. Tsukiko clamped her hands together as she watched them intently. She wanted Naruto to win desperately. Then she, Naruto and Sasuke would face each other in the third exam. She was pumped.

"I'm tired of all the waiting!" Naruto shouted excitedly. "It's finally my turn to show off my moves, dattebayo!" A tick appeared over Kiba's head.

"That's my line! Drawing you as my opponent means I've already won!" Kiba shouted back. "Right, Akamaru?" The cute puppy barked once. A tick appeared over Naruto's head this time.

"Keep dreaming! You can't win against me, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted once more. Tsukiko knew that the two of them were hotheads – and that rarely went well together.

"Why you," Kiba said in anger as he set down Akamaru onto the floor.

"Hey! Don't bring puppies in here!" Naruto shouted. "He's going to interfere in the battle, dattebayo!"

"Idiot, Akamaru's going to fight, too," Kiba told him. Akamaru barked twice. Tsukiko sweat-dropped, he doesn't know about Kiba's clan...

"Hey, hey, is that okay?" Naruto asked Gekko. Tsukiko face-palmed. Are they going to bother actually fighting or are they just going to throw words at each other?

"Yes, animals and bugs can be used as weapons," Gekko answered quietly. "It isn't a problem," Naruto looked a little done but then decided it was alright.

"Oh well, it's a good handicap," Naruto replied dismissively.

"Acting tough, eh?" Kiba said, standing straight. "Then..." He looked at his dog. "Akamaru, don't do anything, I'll do this alone,"

"Naruto! Don't lose to that guy!" Sakura shouted, angrily. Tsukiko nodded in agreement as well, "Show him who's the boss!"

"Kiba's... lucky," Choji muttered. Shikamaru huffed. Tsukiko didn't like how everyone was doubting Naruto's abilities. He was a good fighter when he really put his mind to it. They haven't seen him against Zabuza, Haku and those people in the forest.

"I'll beat you in one hit out of pity," Kiba said, holding up a fist. Tsukiko rolled her eyes, she was getting energised and she wanted Naruto to beat him down.

"Oh, whatever..." Naruto replied. "But you can't defeat me,"

"I told you not to act tough!" Kiba said. Akamaru barked.

"Then... Begin," Gekko said, looking between them. Kiba immediately got into action as he got into an animal-like stance and decided to attack Naruto first, becoming beast-like. He struck Naruto first, sending him flying back.

"He won't be waking up for a while, Mr Examiner," Kiba said. Tsukiko looked at Naruto, wanting to see if he would do anything to counter this. He couldn't be done with the match so quickly!

"Just as I thought," Shikamaru said, smirking and Ino agreed, "There's no way that Naruto can beat Kiba," Tsukiko frowned at them. They don't know Naruto at all.

"Naruto-Kun, you look so foolish," Lee commented. Sakura looked at Kakashi and he smiled off a closed-eye smile. But Tsukiko wasn't going to let this happen.

"Naruto!" Tsukiko shouted. "Get up! You can do this! Don't give up just now! You're going to become the Hokage one day! How can you just lay there like this?! Come on!"

Tsukiko didn't care that she was ticking other people off by screaming like a lunatic. There was just no way that she could watch Naruto get defeated so easily. He has to prove to others that he can put up a good fight. She could even hear Gaara grimacing at her antics, but she continued to shout.