☾ 19 ☽

"That's how it is, huh..." the fake Naruto said as he licked his lips. Tsukiko felt rather uncomfortable when she noticed the tongue. There was a poof and the Kusagakure Ninja from way earlier revealed himself. "But if you knew he would forget it, why didn't you make the password shorter?"

"We knew that you were underground, eavesdropping on our conversation," Tsukiko replied. She may have been exhausted but she had seen at least that before she deactivated her Byakugan. "And so, I chose that password on purpose," The Kusagakure Ninja took off his hat.

"Oh, really?" He asked. "So, you're not tired or letting your guard down. This will be more fun than I thought," He licked the side of his hat and Tsukiko wondered how many diseases were on that thing. She would not recommend doing that.

Tsukiko looked around, trying to figure out where Naruto was. He couldn't have been killed this time, could he? Tsukiko did not want to think of such possibilities. Maybe he's just being held hostage, he has to be... Naruto wouldn't go down so easily.

"You want our Earth Scroll, don't you?" the Kusagakure Ninja said as he pulled out the said scroll from his pocket. "'Cause you have the Heaven Scroll..." His tongue wrapped around the scroll and he completely swallowed it. "Well, let's begin... the battle for the scrolls. Life or Death!"

Tsukiko's watched in paralysed fear as she, Sakura and Sasuke were attacked viciously by the man in front of them, who finished them by throwing Kunai into their forehead. Usajii's voice rang in her head, telling her to snape out of something. What is he talking about? She's dying, she's dead now. He didn't protect her.

"Genjutsu," Usajii told her. Tsukiko stared at the man in front of her as she swayed on her feet. Next to her, Sakura and Sasuke fell to their knees, with the male throwing up at the experience. "It's Genjutsu, Usahime, it's not real... You have to leave this place. Your comrades are compromised,"

"Can't move already?" the Kusagakure Ninja taunted the three of them. Tsukiko avoided looking him directly in the eye as she tried to stay standing. She glanced at Sakura and Sasuke, who were both staring at the older male. Tsukiko pulled out her Kunai with a shaking hand. "What do you intend to do with that?"

Tsukiko took in a deep breath. Could she even fight? Was it worth the fight? What if they really died the same way they were just shown? So violent... So bloodthirsty... Tsukiko did not want that at all. Usajii continued to demand her to leave the location immediately, telling her that there was no good fighting someone more experienced when they're so affected that they can't use their heads.

"Don't worry," the Kusagakure Ninja told Tsukiko. "I'll end this in a second," He started to walk over to them, holding onto three Kunai. "You won't even have the time to feel the pain," He raised the Kunai. "I wanted you to entertain me more. It's too bad,"

The Kusagakure Ninja threw the three Kunai but Tsukiko reacted quicker than they could reach her. She threw her Kunai to deflect the oncoming three and grabbed Sakura and Sasuke from the back of their collars, jumping away from there.

It was until they had landed on a tree branch that Tsukiko noticed that Sasuke had injured himself by his own Kunai in order to try and get out of the Genjutsu. Now that they were away from that person, Sakura also snapped out of her trance. They watched Sasuke pull his Kunai out from his knee.

"Sasuke-Kun," Sakura said. "Are you okay –" She was cut off when Sasuke pressed a hand against her mouth to quieten her up. Sasuke was shaking as he looked around. Tsukiko took in a deep breath and activated her Byakugan.

"Where is he..." Tsukiko muttered to herself when she looked around for any sign of the man or Naruto within 10 km of her either side. She could see other teams and even the tower itself, but she couldn't find Naruto or the person.