☾ 20 ☽

"It's useless to fight against me, Tsukiko-Chan," Orochimaru told Tsukiko as she jumped further and further away from him, trying to use her legs to the maximum ability. She was pretty sure that if she didn't have Okuninushi's Chakra naturally in her legs, she would've been caught ages ago.

Tsukiko was getting tired. Her Byakugan had deactivated itself, she was almost out of her weapons to fight with and she had used so much of her Chakra. She knew that if she tried to use anything further, she would have to pull out Okuninushi's Chakra inside of her. Dusk was falling rapidly around them and Tsukiko did not want to fight in the dark with such a creepy and powerful person.

"It is only natural for the snake to prey on the rabbit," Orochimaru's voice echoed. Tsukiko felt him inching closer to her and she pushed more Chakra into her feet as she jumped further than he could at one time.

Orochimaru had an arsenal of snakes, and Tsukiko had lost count of how many she had to fight off. She didn't want to become some snake excrement in the middle of the Forest of Death. She did know that Orochimaru did not want to kill her, he wanted to do the same to her as he did to Sasuke. And he was playing with her for the past three hours.

Tsukiko looked up and almost let out a shriek when she saw a familiar pair of mean green eyes in the direction she was hurtling toward. The Sunagakure team of Gaara, Temari and Kankuro looked at her, the latter two in fear.

"What's he doing?!" Tsukiko shouted to herself when the auburn-headed boy stopped on the tree trunk, not moving when he saw her approaching, almost as if waiting for her to get in his vicinity so he could attack her. "Shit!"

At the last possible second, Tsukiko made a rapid turn to her left to avoid colliding head on with the idiot who stopped for it to actually happen. Tsukiko saw a flicker of surprise in his eyes when he felt her turn within inches from him and vanished off to the other direction, her long white hair fluttering over his face for a fleeting second.

The Sunagakure Siblings stared at the white-haired girl as she vanished off into the distance, jumping unusually long distances. There was another flash and they watched someone else follow right behind her, causing the girl to yell something over her shoulder.

Temari glanced at her youngest brother just in time to see the surprise in his eyes turn into anger and his hands curled up in a fist. It took her a few seconds to realise that his sand had not shielded him against the girl, even when she was inches from his body. Gaara angrily brushed off the strand of white hair flickered over his face.

"W-We don't have to go after her, Gaara," Kankuro said nervously. "I'm pretty sure that other guy is going to kill her anyway, her teammates probably already dead," Gaara's anger was raising too much. "L-Let's go, we've got to get to the tower,"

Gaara turned the direction of their journey to the direction where Tsukiko and Orochimaru had vanished off to. Temari and Kankuro glanced at each other and they knew that Gaara would not let this go until he kills the girl who had managed to come this close to him and his sand had refused to protect him.

Tsukiko felt her body jerk to the right suddenly and straight into the thick tree next to her. She was embedded into it from one side and she saw her Wood Style Clone appear from the other side of the tree and continued to rush off.

Orochimaru appeared, and he didn't seem to recognise her hiding inside one of the trees, and he continued to pursue her. Tsukiko knew he was waiting for her to tire out so he could do heaven knows what to her. She wouldn't be surprised if he tried to kidnap her off from there, making it appear as if she had died.

All the while they had been in this mess, Orochimaru had told her with glee about what kind of things he would do with her Wood Style, Byakugan and Sharingan. Told her how he knew she was hiding in Konohagakure, how his Sensei had stopped him from getting to her, how he had killed her caretaker but had been unable to get to her because of his Sensei. How he knew who her parents were...